Chapter 27

Kira's POV

"Did you say that Kira was seeing ghosts? More specifically, Felix." Noah asked. Oliver and I exchanged a quick glance.

"Yeah, about that." Oliver said, sounding unsure.

"I didn't just see him once; I'm still seeing him right now." I said, smiling a little because Felix was still trying to stop laughing.

For a moment, Noah just stared at me.

"Well that's pretty awesome. Tell him I said hey." Noah said without batting an eye.

"You believe me? Just like that?" I asked, completely shocked.

"Well yeah. You're like the least crazy person I know. Now if it was Oliver, that'd be a different story." He said, grinning at me. I turned to Oliver and raised an eyebrow.

"See? That's how YOU should've reacted. You definitely shouldn't have tried to sedate me." I said cockily. Oliver simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Well maybe you should've at least worked up to it, not just be like, 'hey I see your dead grandfather, deal with it.' And also, there's been a lot of weird stuff, so I wouldn't be too suprised if you went off the deep end." Oliver said with a playful smirk.

"You tried to sedate her?" Noah asked in shock. Again, Oliver shrugged his shoulders.

"So you see ghosts." Alexis said. "And you're supposed to be a huge jerk with a temper." She added, a slight smirk touching her face. Oliver raised an eyebrow and smirked as well.

"I might just end up liking you." He said, chuckling.

"It's not really ghosts, but only Felix." I stated. Now that I thought about it, I'd never seen a ghost before, so why was I suddenly seeing Felix?

"So what's that old cook been up to? Does he haunt everyone?" Noah asked, laughing slightly.

"Did he just call me an old cook?" Felix asked, glaring at Noah. He made a move to hit Noah upside the head, but he of course went straight through him.

"Well for one thing, he can hear you." I said, chuckling. Noah's eyes widened.

"I meant to say what's my favorite ghost in the world been up too."

"He tried to hit you upside the head." I said. Noah opened his mouth to say something, but just ended up closing it.

"So when is Sam going to get here?" Noah asked, changing the subject.

"Actually he's going to be meeting us at the Ball and then come back here afterward."

"Where is Sam?" Alexis asked, slowly warming up to us. 

"Sanctum." Oliver said in a clipped tone. I hoped that she noticed his touchiness on this topic and change the subject, but no such thing happened.

"Really? Isn't it supposed to be really dangerous over there?" 

"Yes." Oliver practically growled out. Noah responded by stepping in front of Alexis and narrowing his eyes at Oliver.

Why can't Oliver just stay calm about this? I thought to myself.

"I don't know. He's always been over-protective of Sam. I'd rather him be like this than indifferent though, don't you agree?" Felix said. My eyes widened.

"What?" I asked. The others turned to me, but I was staring at Felix in shock.

"I was just answering my question." He said, giving me a weird look.