Chapter 15

Kira's POV

 As we were about to leave the shop, I noticed that it was snowing lightly.

I hate snow.

Cedric had gotten up and walked back over to the counter. The girl had cleaned up and changed, but tensed when she noticed him. 

Jay and I also got up, following him so that we could leave. Cedric, who was leaning over the counter used one of his fingers to motion for Rayne to come closer. After a moment of hesitation she slowly leaned in as well. I thought he was going to whisper something to her because their faces were less than a foot away, but he instead spoke in a normal voice.

"Don't beat yourself up over a loss. You're actually quite talented, very fast too. You'll probably never see me again and even if you do, I'm not one to hold a grudge." He said, seeming to calm her down a little.

Why would he try to calm her down?

"Your father's in the Secunda right? I overheard that your last name is Whiley. It would certainly explain your training." Cedric said.

"Ye-yes he is." She said nervously.

"Well I don't want to be on his bad side. It's never good to have someone you work with hate you." 

So that explains why he's being nicer to her.

She didn't say anything, but managed a nod. Without another word,Cedric stood up straight and turned, walking over to the door.

"Although I must say, you're very lucky Bella ran out when she did. I would've crushed your heart just a moment later." He said, walking out.

I gave her a weak smile and a wave, but she didn't return either. I followed Jay and Cedric outside back into the freezing cold. 

"There aren't any damn cars nearby, so I guess we're stuck on foot. I can simply carry Ren and we can flash for awhile. That'll cut our time back a lot." Cedric said. I wondered why he would want the trip to be faster. It was only the first day, but I was surprised he hadn't done anything to physically harm me. The worst so far was the blood on my face. 

I wasn't excited about being flashed again, and I involuntarily made a face.

"What, does flashing make you sick?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded my head slightly and a smirk crossed his face. 

"I think I can help with that." 

Before I could even comprehend, he'd hit the side of my head in such a way that wasn't necessarily hard, but the world immediately darkened and tilted before I blacked out completely...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noah's POV

 I sighed; Oliver was in a panic. He'd been this way since I'd lost Kira and even though we'd been told she'd be here in about a week, it hadn't done very much to calm him.

It was to a point that I was even a little frightened by his behavior; the poor humans were terrified, trying their hardest not to cross his path. 

I watched him now as he paced around in the living room. I hadn't been able to even get him to lighten up in the least. He suddenly flipped the coffee table in front of the couch I was sitting on, sending it flying across the room and smashing into the wall. I saw a slave duck out of its way and actually run out of the room.

"Oliver you need to relax and sit down. You're putting WAY to much stress on yourself and it's unhealthy." I said, trying to calm him down. His head snapped over to look and me. His eyes were black and his fangs elongated. A snarl from him told me that I should shut up.