Chapter Fifty two

Start from the beginning

“What? I can’t do that!” he argued “I’m coming with you, I swear to god if something –“

“No, Sirius.” Arianna cut in, sounding desperate “Stay. Please. Promise me.” She knew she was asking him a huge favor, and she might have not agreed to do so too if they exchanged places but she knew she had to say this to him because it was the right thing. “Think of Little S.” she whispered, it was a nickname they had given to Sirius IV.

He looked like he was about to argue again but that was when James landed onto the ground next to them, he and Lily hopped of the broomstick; James took one look at the house and then back at them and everything made sense to him, he locked eyes with Arianna “James, stay with him.” Arianna asked; by ‘him’ she meant Sirius “If something goes wrong, go back. Tell the others, save yourselves.”

“We aren’t gonna do that.” Said Sirius before James could even reply “We’re coming with you.”

Arianna shook her head, and stared at the house

“This is something I have to do on my own.” She said quietly; she looked back at her friends “I’ll be fine. Don’t worry.” She said, but a part of her knew she was lying. Arianna looked at Lily who automatically gave her a hug, she hugged her back. The two of them had been through a lot; Lily had been the longest friend Arianna had ever had.

Once she let go, she looked at James who just smiled and then at Sirius who still looked worried “I’ll be fine.” She said, giving him a quick hug “I just… I just need to see what’s wrong.” She then kissed him one last time “Remember your promise alright?” she whispered, Sirius stared at her

“I didn’t say I promised I would do that.” He replied, quietly. She stared at him with pleading eyes.

                “Think of S,” she whispered “Promise me.” Sirius sighed; he looked like he was contemplating something really hard. In the end, he nodded.

                “Fine. I promise.” He said, defeated. Arianna looked at him one last time and then at James and Lily. She then headed off inside. It was cold and it was extremely dark, the only source of light was from inside the house and from the streetlamps nearby.

                Arianna took a deep breath before stepping inside, as she had dreaded and partly expected. The house was a mess. She was only at the front hall, but she knew there were more horrors to come aside from seeing the sight of all the photos on the walls ripped and their frames smashed onto the floor. No, it was something worse than that.

                She continued walking around, not minding the mess anymore because she knew she was about to face something much darker than that. She thought about going upstairs but she decided to explore the whole first floor first. It didn’t take long before she had reached the living room. That was when she felt her heart stop.

                Like the other parts of the house, the living room was a disaster. Picture frames tossed and torn from the walls, the wallpaper was torn, and the furniture in disarray. But that wasn’t the thing that made heart drop to her stomach; it was the sight of her mother and cousin Jimmy sprawled on the floor. Lifeless.  She felt her breath get caught up in her throat, she felt like she wanted to cry but the person who stood by the fireplace, staring at a certain picture on its mantle; the obvious culprit, made her want to scream in anger at the same time.

                “How could you.” Arianna hissed in anger, the figure turned around and she finally got to see his face that was smiling a menacing smile. Her brother’s features had changed a lot since the last time she saw him, he was as pale as snow now and his scarlet eyes were bloodshot, his good looks were leaving him.