A Thing of the Past

"Ugh, I overslept..." Kageyama groaned as he rolled out of bed. Daichi wanted the agents to be up and at the agency early for the second time this week. They probably started training without me...He scratched his head and reached for his cell phone, unlocking it and clicking Hinata's number. He hadn't seen Shyo in a week, and was starting to worry.

No answer. He didn't even bother leaving a voicemail this time. Just forget about it. He'll be back soon, wherever he is. Kageyama slipped into some street clothes, shoved his phone in his pocket and went out.

The executives waited patiently for Kageyama in the agency's lobby. Well, most of them waited patiently.

"Where is Kageyama?" Daichi folded his arms, tapping his foot impatiently and looking around. "Shoyo's been gone for a week, don't tell me Tobio's gone now too." He was starting to get annoyed.

Kenma joined the group, looking a little sad. "I asked everyone from Nekoma, Seijoh, Fukurodani, and Karasuno if they knew where Shoyo was." He heaved a sigh, dropping his shoulders a little. "They don't know where he is."

Kuroo walked over to Kenma, rustling his hair. "Aw, do you miss him? He'll turn up soon I bet."

Just then, Kageyama burst through the doors, out of breath. "Sorry I'm late," He paused to let his breathing calm a little. "I overslept."

Daichi facepalmed. "You overslept. Of course."

"Sorry," Kageyama repeated. "Do any of you know where Shoyo is?"

Daichi shook his head. "I was just about to talk to you about that. I was going to ask you if you could go over to his house and see if he's there. He gave you a spare key, right?"

Kageyama nodded. "I'll go right away then." Kageyama turned and walked out, then waited until he was out of sight to roll his eyes. If they were gonna ask me when I got there, I should've gone on the way to the agency.

Hinata's house wasn't far from Karasuno, saving Kageyama a lot of time and energy. He was anxious to get inside the house and find Shoyo, laying in his bed maybe. Kageyama fumbled with the keys are he pulled them out of his pocket. He unlocked the door and stepped inside, stepping on something.

"What's this?" He murmured to himself, picking up the letter and unfolding it. As he read it his eyes began to well up. "No way..." He dropped the letter, looking around frantically. "Maybe there's still time." Kageyama bolted out of the house, not even closing the door. He can't be serious...this is all a dream right? I'll wake up with a Shoyo who isn't suicidal and it will be alright. Right?

Kageyama stopped dead in his tracks at the edge of the cliff. He looked down at the large fall, then looked out at the vast oceans of green that swayed in the gentle breeze. He took a deep breath before beginning to climb down the steep wall of the valley. About halfway down, his foot slipped, causing him to start falling at a fast pace. Desperately he grabbed at the jagged, rocky wall, scraping up his hands, feeling the warm blood trickle down his hands.

Kageyama gritted his teeth, pulling his bloody hands away from the jagged rock wall. He hit the ground, coughing and gasping for air. Eventually he sat up after his breathing calmed a little, looking around for the camera that was mentioned in Hinata's letter. Bingo.

He crawled over to the camera, picking it up in his shaking hands. "I can't watch this..." Kageyama whispered to himself shakily. "I gotta tell the others." He shot up, and ran off.

Back at the agency, the executives had seated themselves in the meeting room, sitting around the large table. They all said nothing, though there was no point in saying anything because the look on their faces said it all. They were worried about Hinata, and it was taking Kageyama longer than they expected to get back.