Chapter 21 "She Is Gonna Be Okay"

Comincia dall'inizio

"Okay." I sniffled. "Can we see our baby girl, please?"

She nodded and had us follow her.

~

So many tubes..

My child had so many tubes connected to her little body. She had a breathing tube in her mouth, she wasn't awake, they said that they had to give her something to sleep. I sat in a chair that was next to her bed, sniffling as I placed my hand gently over hers.

I felt like shit.

I felt like the most shittiest mother in the world.

I can't even protect my kids, I mean how can I protect them from something that I can't even see? I feel horrible, like I failed as a mother.

"I'm a horrible mother." I muttered, staring at my little girl.

"No." Niall pulled up a chair next to me, taking my other hand in his. "You are an amazing mother. This," he looked at her. "Is not your fault."

"I couldn't get in her room.. I felt so helpless." I sniffled.

Niall sighed, then looked at me. "You know what? I think we should put cameras up all over the house."

"Why?"

"To capture whatever the hell it is, that is terrorizing us, our house."

I looked at him. "How about we call an exorcist?"

"How is that going to help? We tried that before, it only made it angrier." Niall reminded me.

"Or we could move." I spoke, looking back at Ashley.

Before Niall could answer, there was a knock at the door. He stood up and opened it, it was Dani. She rushed past him, and gasped when she saw Ashley.

"How is she?" She asked me.

"They said she'll be okay. She lost a lot of blood." I told her.

"They think we hurt our kids." Niall chimed in.

"What the fuck?" Dani looked at both of us. "Okay now I know the doctors in this hospital are fucking dipshits." She sat down. "You both adore your kids."

"We know that." I looked at my baby girl.

~~~

"Mommy?"

I fluttered my eyes open, the bright rays of the sun was shining through the hospital curtains, and nearly blinded me. I sat up, and saw Ashley, wide awake. She looked scared.

"Ashley baby." I stood up, walking over to her. "Hey sweetie, you're awake, I'm so happy to see you awake."

"Mommy it hurts." She cried, she had her hand over her wound, blood had seeped through.

I ran to the door. "I need a doctor!!!" I screamed.

Niall walked in the room, I guess he heard me yelling for a doctor. He saw Ashley and walked over to her. "Hey princess."

"Daddy!" She was sobbing.

"What's wrong?!"

"Her wound, it's bleeding alot. Where is a fucking doctor?!" I cried out.

I ran back to her as she held her arms out, I hugged her, trying everything I could, to sooth her.

"Excuse me."

A female doctor was standing in front of us, she wasn't the one that we had talked to earlier, she was a different one, she looked annoyed, like she was being put out. I moved out of the way so that she could look at Ashley's wound.

"Can you give her something for the pain?" I asked.

"In a minute, I just need to make sure none of the stitches broke." She pulled off the gause. "Listen, I know that this hurts, but you seriously need to stop whining. It's not helping." She snapped at Ashley.

"Do not talk to my daughter like that." I hissed.

She turned around and looked at me. "Like what?"

"Like she's fucking annoying you." I looked at her. "She's a five year old little girl who has been stabbed. She is clearly in a lot of pain, of course she's gonna be in distress."

"Look lady, all I said was that whining isn't going to help." She turned back around.

Ashley whimpered. "It hurts."

"Shut up and let me finish and I'll give you some damn medicine."

"You are such a fucking cunt." I spat, she turned around.

"Excuse me?" She looked taken aback.

"You..Are...A....Fucking...Cunt.." I said slowly.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but this is no place for that language." She told me.

"I wouldn't be calling you a cunt, if you weren't being an asshole to my daughter. She is in pain!!!!" I raised my voice. "I want a different doctor."

"Fine."

She walked out of the room.

~~

"I'm very sorry about Doctor Vaughn. She will be taken care of, I promise."

I had been talking to the man that runs this floor, and is in charge of all that doctors that work on this floor of the hospital. I told him about Doctor Cunt, and hopefully her ass will be fired. He went and brought back another doctor, she was a bit younger, but she had that motherly look to her.

"This is Doctor Candace. She is now assigned to your daughter's case and will take care of her until she is discharged, if there is any problems, don't hesitate to inform me." He told me and I nodded.

"Hi sweetheart." Doctor Candace walked over to Ashley after we shook hands.

"Hi." She muttered. "My owie hurts."

"Okay, I'm going to make sure you feel better, don't worry." She smiled and changed her gause, then put some children's medicine in her IV.

"Wow, you are a wonderful doctor." I smiled.

"Thank you. "She smiled. "I have a one year old daughter back home. So I'm very good with kids."

"I could tell that you were also a mother." I spoke. "Do you know how long she'll be in here?"

"Um, I wanna say just a couple days." She smiled.

She walked out of the room and I sat next to Ashley, who seemed to be feeling better. Niall sat in the chair on the other side of her bed and kissed her little hand.

I'm so glad my baby is going to be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry! I will start uploading more!