Chapter 21 "She Is Gonna Be Okay"

♥Faith's POV:♥

Three hours.

We have been in this waiting room for three fucking hours. I have seen doctors and nurses walk in and out of here, not one of them has stopped to tell me what is going on with my baby, and I am terrified. Niall keeps telling me that I should stop pacing and sit down, but I don't wanna sit down. I don't want to do anything, but see my daughter. I feel like I'm going to lose my mind, waiting like this. I hate waiting.

"Sweetie, please sit down.." Niall sniffled, motioning for me to come over to him.

"No." I continued pacing. "I don't wanna sit."

"Baby.. Please..."

"How can you be so calm about this?"

Niall looked at me, his eyes were bloodshot from crying. "Do I look calm to you?"

His tone was a little scary, he sounded angry. I looked at him. "I'm sorry... I know you're not calm. I'm just so scared, babe."

"I am too." He patted the seat next to him and I gave in, sitting on it. "She's going to be okay though."

"What makes you so sure about that?"

"What makes you even think that she might not be?"

I sniffled. "I shouldn't be thinking the worst. What the fuck is wrong with me."

"Nothing is wrong with you." He sniffled.

A female doctor made her way through the swinging doors that Ashley was wheeled through hours earlier. She saw us and walked over to us, I studied the look on her face, I couldn't tell if she was sad or not. My heart pounded in chest as she stopped in front of us.

"Are you Ashley Horan's parents?" She questioned.

"Yes, we are." I held Niall's hand. "How is she?"

"She's stable. She lost a lot of blood, but I can assure you that she will be fine." She told us, a wave of relief washed over me. "I need to ask you both some questions though, follow me."

"I wanna see her." I spoke.

"You'll be able to see her in a few." She said as we followed her down a hall, into a small room.

~

"We would never hurt our children."

We had been accused of child abuse by the same doctor who told us that Ashley was going to be okay. I was so takenaback by this accusation.

"Where did her stab wound come from? I was told that there was no knife at the scene." She said, looking at us.

"I don't know how it happened... But we didn't do it, we would never.." Tears streamed down my face.

"Hospital policy, and state law requires us to get child services involved in cases like Ashley's." She wrote something down in her files.

"What? We don't abuse our kids!"

"It's just to be sure." She closed the file that she had been writing in. "We also have to have a security gaurd in the room during visiting hours."

Are you fucking kidding me.

"Oh my god." I cried softly. "Do we look like people who would harm our own children? Take a look at us, do you honestly, true believe we are that kind of parents?"

See, I wanted to tell her how this whole thing happened, but I knew she'd think we're a couple of nutjobs.

She sighed. "No. You both look like wonderful parents who love their kids unconditionally. I just have to follow the rules, or I could lose my license." She frowned.