Chapter 2

Two weeks earlier

     I woke up early, energetic for what feels like the first time in forever. I hadn't felt this happy in a long time. The world smelled  better, the birds chirped their happy song and there was a cool breeze. The day was perfect. Maybe it was because life was finally going my way. Or so I thought. I was definitely going to have the most unforgettable birthday you could imagine.

      I walk out of my room and keep strolling along until I reach the room a couple doors down. I open the room with ease knowing that Kai would probably be lazy enough to not lock her door.

     "Kai could you learn to lock your door" I yelled.

     Kai whined saying, "But it's my roommates responsibility."

       She's lucky that people don't know her room is never locked. Let me introduce you to Kai. I have only known Kai for about 3 years. She's been with me since the start of this horrid place and she's my best friend. Kai is the kind of girl who's chill and can talk to anyone. She is outgoing and has a wide imagination only she's lazy. She is beyond lazy and that is why her parents sent her here. She is from LA and lives in a huge house. She's never actually had family problems so they come visit her often and sometimes take me along with them. To them I am what they imagine a perfect daughter and they love me as one of their own. If only my parents could see me in that way.

     "Hey could you make yourself useful and find me my white shirt." She said.

     I sighed as I went to her drawer and threw her one. Why couldn't she try to be organized.

     We walked out her room while she was still tying her shoe and doing her hair. We needed to hurry so we wouldn't be late. I just wanted a whole entire day where nothing could wrong.

****

     It was lunch time and I was meeting up with Kai at our table. As I saw her walking towards us I could see her eyes sparkle with excitement. Something I wished I'd have in my boring brown eyes. Kai was so beautiful, graceful and brave, something I could never be. We were so different which made us the perfect pair of best friends. She was the only family I had other than my brother.

     Well she was over and sat by our group of so called "friends". Honestly everyone here is fake. They act as your friends but in the end your always betrayed. Well everyone except for Kai. She immediately hooked her arm with mine and led me away out of the lunchroom.

     "Where are you taking me?" I asked.

     "We're going to have an exciting time in the lab today, "she replied.

     She led me into the science lab that a had a random box in the middle of the room.

     "I've been planning for this day forever, " she said.

     She opened the box and I saw frogs. Probably about twelve of them and I was sure of what she had in mind.

     "So you wanna to help me or be a party pooper?" She asked with puppy eyes.

     Me, being the slow mind processor, totally agreed and was excited.

     Kai and I skipped our next classes in order to put the frogs in our least favorite people's dorms. Time sped by quickly and I had a great time.

     It was around 8 o'clock when I got a call on my dorm room's number. I heard the headmistress's voice on the phone and rushed immediately to her office. Kai joined on the way there and she seemed calm.

     The headmistress scorned at us and said, "I believe you two know why you are here?"

     Kai of course replied with a smart remark stating, " No ma'am, what could we have ever done to end up here today."

     "I've had enough of you, young lady! You have only brought us trouble, and now you're bringing down one our best students with you!" She yelled back.

     Kai hadn't flinched one bit. She stood her ground and looked as strong as ever.

      The headmistress calmed her voice and quietly said, "I would like you girls to pack your bags and be gone by tomorrow, I will contact your parents soon to notify them on what has happened."

She looked at me with sympathy and said, "I thought you were better than this."

That's when my life really began.