She gathered up her wits, and began to speak. "You know how I've been taking those courses at the local college?" Harry nodded, singaling her to continue. "Well, my profs say that I have an amazing talent and a ton of potential. They've been pushing me to do an internship this summer to boost up my credits so that I can graduate earlier. Basically, I thought I was going to be doing an internship in New York but it turns out that LA is more interested in me. Something about how I'd fit their paper better. Anyways, they want to interview me for an internship."

Harry was shocked. Yet, he wasn't completely suprised. He knew that Ava was talented.

"Baby, that's awesome! Why aren't you excited?"

"It's four months and I'll have to move to Los Angeles for the summer."

Harry didn't speak. Four months away. He suddenly remembered his book deal. He knew he had to tell her about it. This was probably the best time if any.

"I actually have something to tell you."

Ava looked up at Harry, confusion written on her features. "What is it?"

"Remember the story I wrote?" She nodded. "Well, they want to sign me to a book deal. "

Ava squealed in her seat. "Harry! That's amazing!" Harry let out an awkward chuckle and ran his hands through his hair. "Yeah. Well, they want me to move to New York in the summer and then do a tour next year." Ava quickly quieted down. She looked away, casting her eyes to her fingers. They had suddenly became extremely interesting.

"Oh." She didn't know what to say. Neither did Harry. They both had been given amazing opportunities in the matter of hours. It had seemed like the universe, that was so adament on setting them together, had suddenly decided that it was time to mix things up. To throw them into another country, in two different states, on two different coasts. This must be a sick game.

"Well, you should do it." She whispered. "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, Harry. You shouldn't pass this up."

"I don't want to leave you." She looked up and gave him a small smile.

"I don't want you to either, but I'd be selfish to tell you otherwise. Besides, maybe it's fate. We would both be busy this summer doing our own things."

"You don't get it. I'll be gone for a year."

"Harry, it's really not that big of a deal. We will make it work."

"I don't want to lose you, okay?" She was confused.

"You're not going to lose me."

"I just... I just got you. I can't lose you."

She grabbed her hard in her own. "Harry, you can't think that way."

He pushed her hands out of his. "Fuck, Ava. Don't you get it? My stars are never in my favor. I can't ever be happy without something fucking it up."

"Harry, calm down." She cooed, hoping to calm him down. "Talk to me."

Harry quickly stiffened. "Just forget about it. Drop it."

"No! No Harry, don't do that. Don't shut me out. You always do that when you don't want to talk about something. Don't do that." She cried out.

"Drop it Ava. I don't want to discuss this anymore."

He quickly got up and started wailing to his room. "No! Damn it Harry! Not this time. Tell me what is going on in your mind right now. Why are you freaking out." She grabbed onto his arm at an attempt to get him to talk. "Please," she whispered. "Don't shut me out."

Harry sat down at his bed, putting his head in his hands, tugging his fingers through his curls.

"This is why I don't do relationships. Something always has to fuck it up."

Ava sighed and took a seat on the bed. "You do realize that we have this thing called the telephone, right? And the computer. We'll be fine. Don't give up on us yet." Her voice came out a lot more confident than how she was currently feeling. "We have five more months until the summer. Our relationship will only grow stronger with time."

"You're coming with me."

"What?"

"To New York. You always said that it was your dream city. Well- let's do it. Move with me, Ava."

"Harry..."

"We will get you an internship there, rent an apartment, eat bagels, roam around Central Park, and be all rude and New Yorker. Come on, baby. Move with me."

"Harry." Her hand was intertwined with his. Her eyebrows furrowed and her mind racing.

"What do you say?"

--
You guys know how to make me feel like the bees knees!
Vote and comment!