Chapter 5, (Traitor) Tuka:

Sorry guys who love this book so far, I've been having writer's block for a bit now and I FINALLY wrote another chapter for you guys!

Enjoy! ^-^

-Crescent

Tuka watched every night as Canis walked alone, into the forest. She would leave near dusk, nobody with her, and nobody knew, except Tuka. She was one of her best friends, but still, Canis never told her a thing about where she was always off to.

The only reason Tuka knew about it was because, every night she would hide behind a bush or a tree and watch Canis leave, wondering what secret she was hiding. She knew that it was none of her business to spy on her, but she was also afraid for her. What if she was breaking the wolf law in some way? Tuka wanted to protect her, but she knew that if she told her how she watched every night as she left, that Canis would get mad. Tuka didn't want that for her best friend to have to go through, not at a time like this.

She padded into the nursery, where all the little pups were playing with their pack-mates. They noticed her and stopped playing to stand at attention, since it was her job to train them into apprentices, and soon into guardians. She examined their posture carefully, making sure it wasn't too exaggerated, but also that it was respectful enough.

She finished and raised her head to speak, "Who wants to train today?" she asked them, "It's beautiful weather outside, and we can't waste it."

One of the pups with dark grey fur and a worried expression stepped up. She gave him an appreciating look, and he seemed comforted by it. Another pup came up, probably the first one's friend, he sat down in front of her and said, "I train today, ands don't worry about my friend here, he doesn't talk that much." He glanced at the strange dark grey pup, and then back to her, "Shouldn't we gets going?"

"Yes," Tuka said, "Okay." She was so distracted by the worrying thoughts that were buzzing around her head, Canis is your friend...Canis is your friend...You have to go see what she up to.

But she's your friend...You don't want to get her in trouble.

She shook off all those thoughts and lead the two pups out of the nursery and into the center of camp, where they usually trained. She sat down and glanced at them to do the same. They didn't hesitate and did as they were told.

Tuka didn't feel like working today. After the first time she saw Canis walk off into the bush, with a guilty look on her face as if she understood what she was doing was wrong, Tuka knew something was up...and she couldn't stop thinking about how she could save her, or how she could ruin their friendship in some way by telling someone.

"Excuse me miss," the spunky little wolf pup chimed in, "Whens are we goings to start?" He glanced at his 'friend', who had an agreeing expression merged with a nervous expression clouded in his eyes. He stared down at his grey paws.

Tuka snapped back into reality, and the swirl of guilt and worry disappeared from her head, "Yes, sorry," she smiled at them, "Let's get started." She sighed and straightened herself, "Today will be about attacking."

The wolf pups exchanged a glace at each other that probably said, Oh, no. We might be getting close to having to use this more often...not just on prey, but on enemy wolves...

Tuka slightly glared at them, and they snapped back at attention. Tuka continued, "Attacking can be used in a variety of ways. It can be used for hunting, fighting off threats," Including the soon to be SnowPack army, she thought with fear running down her spine, "And can also be used for other, non important things like even climbing trees."