Draco thanked his parents for his own gifts as well. He received more books from his favorite author, some new clothes, accessories for his everyday needs, and a ring from his father's side.

          He picked Harry up who had been playing with his stuffed unicorn plushy and brought him to their room so he could get ready for the day. He dressed Harry in very formal Malfoy crested robes and fixed his hair spelling it to stay the way he wanted it.

          He also noticed Harry was blinking a lot so he asked him what was wrong.

          "My eyes huwt." He exclaimed.

          "Are your eyes fuzzy?" Draco asked and Harry scrunched up his face.

          "Bwuwwy." He told Draco which took a second to make out that his vision was 'blurry'.

          "Okay well we can get glasses to help your eyes out." Draco picked Harry up and brought him back into their room having been in the bathroom. He placed Harry on his bed and fished in the trunk looking for Harry's glasses. He found them and placed them on the boy.  "Does that help?" He asked but Harry shook his head. Draco sighed and placed his wand up to them. "Tell me when you can see better." He told the boy. He learned this trick a while ago, it changes the prescription to benefit one's eyes. 

          "I see!" Harry gasped. Draco stopped and smiled at Harry. Now he looked like a real mini Potter.

          "Okay, it's breakfast time and then we'll need to keep ourselves busy until we have dinner because my parents are having people over."

          "Like a pawty?" He asked.

          "Something like that. They might want to meet you which is why I dressed you like that, okay?"

          "Okay." Harry grinned. He grabbed Draco's hand and they started towards the stairs.

          They ate a nice breakfast, oatmeal, waffles, bacon and eggs. Harry got nothing on his clothes which was good for Draco.

          After the meal, Draco brought Harry up to their shared room where he kept him busy but not for that long for Harry had the attention span of a four year old. But like Draco suspected, The Dark Lord wanted to see Harry.

          Draco held Harry's hand as Harry sucked his thumb to go into the meeting. Harry was also clutching his dolly to his chest as they walked in.

          When they did, nearly everyone gasped in awe at little Harry. The Dark Lord watched as they approached him. He no longer resembled a snake but an older Tom Riddle with hazel eyes and salt and pepper hair.

          "Ah this must be young Harry." He said as they stopped in front of him.

          "It is my lord.  You've been notified about what has happened?" Draco questioned.

          "Yes I have young Malfoy. Dumbledore deserves to rot in Azkaban." Voldemort hissed. Harry's hand tightened in Draco's.

          "It's okay Harry." Draco whispered. "Can you say hi to...Tom?" Draco glanced up at the Dark Lord for permission and he nodded. Harry took his thumb out of his mouth.  

"Hewwo." Harry spoke very quietly. The Dark Lord let out a laugh and grinned at Harry.

"Hello cutie, are you having a good stay at the Malfoy's?" He asked and Harry's eyes widened behind the frames.

"Yes I am!" He chirped. "I having a good time hewe. It's so nice." He gushed and Tom smiled warmly at Harry.

"Well I am incredibly happy to hear that. Have you played outside yet, today? I believe it started snowing." He asked and Harry shook his head. "I am sure that young Malfoy would be delighted to take you out."

          "Do you want to play outside Harry?" Draco questioned. Harry looked up at Draco giving him a heart melting smile.

          "We can?"

          "Yes we can, we just gotta change into more appropriate clothes."

          "Okay!" Harry grinned. He thrusted his arms up so Draco could lift him which he did. "Bye-Bye!" He told everyone in the room.

          "Bye Harry, have fun." Tom Riddle grinned.  Draco nodded his head in goodbye and took Harry to change into other clothes.

~~~

          They played outside until the death eaters and the Dark Lord left. Harry was exhausted so Draco let him sleep curled up on the couch sitting front of the fire in their library as he got some reading done.

          He only looked up when there was a knock at the door and his mother appeared.

"Draco, can we talk for a bit?" His mother asked and he nodded putting his book down. She approached him and sat in the arm chair next to him. "What's bothering you sweetheart?"

          "Pardon? What makes you think something is bothering me?" He asked.

          "Mother's intuition." She raised an eyebrow at him. "You've been a bit guarded since you arrived home."

          "Not you too." Draco groaned. "I haven't been guarded, Blaise said the same thing."

          "Draco, sweetheart, tell mummy what's wrong." She placed her hand on his shoulder and he sighed.

          "I'm just lonely mum. Blaise is dating Neville Longbottom and he's with him most of the time, I have Harry so it's not like I can just go off with somone, Crabbe and Goyle are too stupid for me to hang out with them, and Pansy attends Beauxbaton now." He admitted to his mother. "I just want someone to be with me and make me happy the way you make dad happy or just someone to help me out with Harry because honestly, it's more work than I thought. He only wants to be with me, gets nervous if I'm not around, he gets scared at night. He sometimes wets the bed and has nightmares of being hurt by Weasley or Granger again." He explained and then slumped down onto his seat. "I just want to be loved." He mumbled. Narcissa sighed and pulled her son into a hug. He let out a shuddering breath and hugged her tightly.

          "Draco, you're only sixteen years old. There is plenty of time to find someone to be in love with however, I do know for a fact Harry loves you very deeply. That's why he is so attached to you, you're his guardian, his savior and when he gets to be of age, he'll be incredibly thankful for all you've done." She stroked his hair. "As for Blaise, I do believe you're wee bit jealous and that's okay but don't let it come between you two. Treasure the time you can be with him. Plus sweetheart, you can always go on a date if you must."

          "But Harry doesn't trust anyone with him except for me."

          "You can go after his bedtime. You'll be aging him to eight, correct? I know Severus has the potions brewed up until fourteen. He can go to bed with you and then you can spend an hour with someone you're interested in." Draco stayed silent for a bit before pulling away.

          "That could work. His bedtime is gonna be eight so I could invite someone over for a meal or have someone just sit with him while I go out."

          "See, that's a good idea." She told him. She dropped a kiss on Draco's head. "Dinner will be ready shortly so do wake Harry." She got up and left the room. Draco glanced at Harry who was sleeping still. He leaned over and pressed a kiss to the boy's temple.

          His mother was right, Draco was Harry's everything and to him, that was payment enough.