__________________

"Nandini didn't come back last night," Nandini's mother said murmuring while serving breakfast to Daadu who had unwillingly joined everyone at breakfast table.

"I have no idea where she is," Daadu answered her indirect query.

"Ask your husband," He added bitterly. Rishi and Mrs Murthy looked at Madhav who was silently having his meal.

"It isn't first time she has been out entire night," Madhav said indifferently. Rishi frowned.

"You aren't concerned a bit, Dad? After all you put her through last night?" He asked unable to digest his casual approach.

"Daadu and I haven't slept whole night because we were WORRIED," He stressed on last part losing patience.

"Aren't you guys a bit too confident about a 19 year girl who was not alright when she stormed out of house?" He asked baffled.

Daadu smiled sadly and patted Rishi's back to calm him down while Mr and Mrs Murthy gaped their son in dismay. There was someone else too who had started to speak for Nandini apart from Daadu. And that too their son whom they had given all the love.

"She is way stronger than you think, Son," Daadu said to Rishi.

"You will know your little sister more," He added while getting up. Daadu asked driver to ready his ride as he walked outside.

Rishi kept staring his parents for some explanation but nothing came.

____________________

Someone caressed Manik's forehead and he smiled. He didn't realize when he fell asleep last night. He slowly opened his eyes and saw broad daylight.

"Manik," An affectionate voice called him and he looked up. Mess in charge was standing there worried. Manik stared at his face as if trying to understand something. And when he did, a sharp pang crossed his heart. Last light he had slept in corridor after... 

He couldn't even word what he had done.

"You slept here?" Kaka asked and Manik got up.

"No, I was just..." He started to answer but then stopped.

"You didn't show up for breakfast so I was worried," Kaka said.

"I am not hungry, Kaka," Manik replied with a faint smile.

"Don't skip meal in stress of results. Mrs Singh has asked me to look after you in holidays," Kaka said and Manik smiled. How he wanted to tell him he wasn't worried for results, he had ruined the most beautiful part of his life. 

Kaka left and Manik didn't even know from where to start. He had not even check if Nandini had reached home last night. He cursed himself for sleeping. He walked towards admin office only to halt.

"Do you think she would show up after what you did to her," He asked himself and then kept standing there like a statue. He was so, so lost.

One part of his mind was feeling utterly agitated thinking about how he would never see her again and other part was trying to shut the first part. Battle had already started and she was not there to work things out as she always does. 

"You are pathetic, Manik," He cursed himself as he again was listening to dysfunctional mind of his. He walked to dorm to change cloths before he heads to Murthy mansion. He needed to see if she was fine or not. He needed to end this worry to cut the last string, at least he thought so. 

____________________

Daadu's car halted at door of a wooden cottage. A dirty board tried to read as 'Bernard's'. Daadu looked at aloof cottage before starting to climb the churning stairs. His knees ached as he stood in front of a glass door. He had visited Bernard's rescue center in town as first thing to find his little hellion. It was 12 in noon and he hadn't received a single call from Nandini. His guess was right, she had gone to her dear uncle Bernard in morning and he sent her to his home seeing her state. She was drenched and had a slight fever. Daadu couldn't wait to see his little baby. He opened the door using keys which Bernard had given him. His eyes roamed around to find her but she wasn't in hall.