n i n e t e e n

"Just stop, talk to me" His voice strained from behind me as I quickly headed in a random direction as soon as I was out of the restaurant. Desperate for my legs to move as fast as physically possible.

"Alessia!"

I was aware he was following me and for some unknown reason, my body came to halt. My brain already deciding for me that I was going to stop and hear him out.

"We need to talk, just let me explain...."

In all honesty, his words just weren't registering in my head right at this moment in time. The sound of his voice was just a noise in the background as my mind was filled with questions, confusion, humiliation. My hands were visibly shaking as I pulled my phone up in front of me and opened up our conversation on the texts.

Matty?? 

I text him quickly. Not expecting his phone to ping or light up. My mind not yet ready to believe this is the person I'd be texting the whole time. The whole fucking time!

A small smirk took over his face, as a ping sounded from behind him, before he pulled his phone out of his back pocket.

"Surprise" He mumbled back in sarcasm as he read it, turning and holding his phone up for me to see. Trying and failing at hiding the grin across his face.

But how?!  My fingers speedily typed out.

His eyes were intensely watching me. And the second the text sent, his eyes instantly rolled in a playful way before reading what else I had to say.

"Have you lost your voice now or something?" He asked amused, finding this far funnier than me here.

I rolled my eyes in return and bit my lip, now would be a good time to speak up. Say something, anything. But shock had taken over my whole body.

"I-"

"You, what?" He asked immediately, the humorous side to him now gone. His gaze was hard, cold. Almost annoyed with me.

I took in a deep breath, knowing I had to say something. So I stupidly let my thoughts run out of my mouth, I sighed deeply, closing me eyes before muttering "You can't be Matty"

"But I am" He replied simply. "This is the reason I was scared of telling you, I knew you'd freak out!" He said slightly agitated.

"I think I've gone mad" I muttered.

"Isn't that so sad" He mumbled back through a smirk, and threw in a careless shrug, causing me to roll my eyes and smile back at him.

He was being playful again, being the Matty I adored. It seemed to be the only time I felt normal around him and could actually be myself.

A sudden high pitched scream from across the road caused both me and Matty to shriek suddenly, both startled for a second, making us aware people were starting to notice him.

"You wanna go get a drink somewhere quiet?"

"With me?" I asked quietly.

He closed his eyes and began chewing on his bottom lip, before slowly nodding his head. I think he quickly decided now wasn't the best time for his witty sarcasm.

"I don't think that's going to happen" I told him, noticing a small gathering of people who were stood watching us. Matty's eyes followed mine as I tried covering my face discreetly with my hair, spotting a few of them holding their phones up, either taking pictures or recording us.

"I know a place" he said, holding a hand out for me to take, and without thinking too much into it, a took it, entwining our fingers together as we set off in a fast pace to get away from all the on look-ers.