"Magnus," I breathe out, throat thick with emotion. He nuzzles into my neck before pulling back enough to take my face between both of his hands. He gazes deeply into my eyes for a second before he brings his lips against my own. The feeling makes my chest ache with longing, it's everything I've been dreaming of since the moment we said goodbye. His lips are smooth, as usual, with the sharp taste of mint melting against my own. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been using chapstick purely for this moment. My head feels empty, like every thought, nerve, and every fear evaporated into thin air the second he touched me, but my chest is full. I grab at his waist, bringing him impossibly closer until no part of me is without him. His lips move skillfully against mine, portraying the words 'I missed you' over and over with each little movement. I kiss back dauntlessly, suddenly not worried about him leaving, as long as I could commit this moment to memory. My eyes are scrunched closed, our noses bumping together as his hand tangles into my hair, tugging relentlessly as he fights to bring his lips even harder against my own. I smile into it, content to share his air as we gasp against each other's lips for breath. When he finally pulls back enough to take a proper breath, I'm drunk on every part of him, washed in this heady feeling that makes it hard to stay upright. He presses his forehead to my own and takes a shaky breath, his hands making their way down to my shoulders as he wraps himself around me in another tight embrace. I hold him just as tightly as we regain composure.

"Alexander, my heavens, I missed you." I laugh softly, the sound light and breathless. His returning smile is as bright as the literal sun that shines through the airport windows.

"You don't know how worried I was," I begin, shaking my head a bit and gripping him tighter in instinct. He smooths his palm down my back and the familiar gesture makes me choke up. I laugh pitifully at myself and shake my head back and forth, looking down.

"Why on earth would you be worried, Alexander?" He soothes, his free hand passing over my cheek.

"I was worried you'd forgotten," I whisper feebly, biting the inside of my cheek and noting how desperate and stupid I sound.

"I promised you I wouldn't. I could never forget you." He whispers back, voice firm and sure and with that I let every leftover fear dissipate and meet his eyes with my own watery ones. He hasn't forgotten me and he's come back to me. I smile at him and pull the slightly crumpled flowers out from behind his back where my hands have been.

"I uh, brought these for you." I bite my lip nervously as he takes them and inhales their rich scent.

"My favourites, how'd you know?" He asks, tilting his head at me fondly as he smiles gently.

"You mentioned it when we went shopping the first time. You were dragging me through the mall and we passed this flower shop. In the window they had orchids and you stopped for a second to admire them. You told me in passing that they were your absolute favourite." He softens even more and presses a warm, awe-filled kiss against my lips.

"You are something extraordinary, Alexander Lightwood. Thank you." I smile back and intertwine my fingers with his, pulling him gently towards the luggage carousel. After grabbing his many suitcases, with mild teasing from me, we head to the car, loading it up for the ride home. It's nearing 2 o'clock now and I look over at him as I drive, seeing him rest his head against the car window and close his eyes. He must've been so tired from the trip and the jet lag I'm sure will be horrendous to get over. When I pull into the carport, I realize he's fallen fast asleep. His soft snores fill the silence and fill my heart as well. I chuckle quietly as to not wake him and get out, carrying all of his bags in first. When I walk back out, he's still fast asleep. With a fond smile, I carefully extract him from the car, letting his head loll against my shoulder as I walk back inside, his hand coming up to sleepily wrap around my neck. After placing a gentle kiss to his temple, I softly lay him on our bed so he can rest awhile longer while I unpack.