"Oh," Alec said absently trying to get his reactions in check before Magnus picked up on anything. "So mom told you."

"Yep," Magnus said, grinning. His grin made Alec think he hadn't fooled Magnus at all. Oh why did Alec have to be such an open book?

"So have you ever worked in a retail store before? Alec asked.

"I've worked in a drug store," Magnus replied.

"Okay, so similar concept but different products," Alec said as he started teaching Magnus the basics. Magnus was a quick study and soon had the cash register figured out. Next Alec showed him around the store to make sure Magnus could help a customer find anything they needed. Magnus didn't know much about surfing, so Alec gave him a crash course.

When a customer walked in Magnus insisted on greeting them. Alec watched; he knew who that customer was alright and there was no way Magnus was getting a sale. This lady came in every week and never bought anything; Magnus's inevitable failure with this customer would prove they didn't need any help. Then hopefully his mother would see reason and keep the staff just family. Alec watched Magnus interact with her. He made small talk and showed her a few displays. Alec thought nothing of it until the customer picked something up as if she had decided on a purchase. Alec didn't really believe his eyes until she came up to the till and paid.

"How did you do that?" Alec asked once the customer left.

"Sales are simple really," Magnus said, moving closer to Alec. "It's all about creating need and then fulfilling that need. Oh, and being charming helps too." He smiled and Alec's breathing quickened. He so needed to get a grip!

"You have got to teach me that!" Alec said to try and cover his initial reaction.

"I'll teach you whatever you want, Alexander," Magnus whispered. Hearing his full name being spoken by Magnus did involuntary things to Alec's body. Magnus was suddenly standing very close and Alec, taken completely off guard, felt his knees almost give out under Magnus's alluring tones.

"Right... well... okay then," Alec mumbled.

"I'm sorry if my, as you say, shameless flirting offended you," Magnus continued. "It's just that you're so beautiful, Alexander."

Alec lost track of his thoughts very quickly. His gaze was suddenly focused on Magnus's full lips. He shook his head in an attempt to clear it. Magnus wasn't his type... not that he'd dated enough to even know what his type was but it definitely wasn't Magnus.

"I--" Alec began but he had no idea where his sentence was going. His mind was quiet, and his eyes were focused on Magnus's mouth, almost against his will.

"May I kiss you?" Magnus whispered into his ear. Alec felt the heat rise in his face. He'd barely ever kissed anyone and he'd never felt like this before. Magnus wasn't even touching him but Alec's whole body was already reacting, his heart pounding, his ears ringing.

"Alright," Alec mumbled. They were alone in the store and Alec just couldn't say no. The new feelings coursing through him were too wonderful to ignore. Magnus's hand came up to rest on the nape of Alec's neck. He could feel Magnus's breath against his cheek and then their lips met. Magnus's mouth moved skillfully against his, and Alec's arms went up automatically to hold Magnus. Alec gasped as Magnus's tongue slid past his parted lips and began to explore Alec's mouth. Alec felt his stomach do a flip as he got used to the strange new feeling. Alec's hands were in Magnus's hair and he felt Magnus's hands on his lower back. Alec wasn't sure how long the kiss lasted but when they pulled away Alec was breathless.

"Alec," Magnus said running his fingers slowly down the side of Alec's face. "Would you like to have dinner with me?"

"Okay," Alec whispered. How could he say no now? Why would he want to? Just one dinner couldn't hurt.