Chapter one: Thin Skinned Mundanes

Pronunciation--> Aiden:Aye-den    S'ythgarr:Syth-gar   Majali: Maj-ali     Saku'shali:Saku-sh-ali    Rah’magen: Ra-may-gen    N’ythgar:Nath-gar

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter One: Thin Skinned Mundanes...

Isabelle watches as her best friend, Joshua Darious, plays with his shoe that he had taken off. "When does recess end?" she asks him, looking up at the school bell above her. Josh shrugs. He looks up at her, his sweet brown eyes sparkled in the morning light. His slightly curly brown hair was peeking out from underneath his black baseball cap. He wore that cap every day, form the first day of grade one all the way till now, grade five.

"I just wanna go home," he grumbles, putting his shoe back on. He wore red converse, with his name stitched on the side. His jeans were ripped at the knees from playing and rough housing, His dark blue t-shirt had the words “Rah’magen Tours” written in black ink. He and his older brother, James, had gone on a trip last year.

“What do you think we are doing in History class?” Isabelle asks, hoping she wouldn’t annoy him. Josh shrugs again. “Oh.”

“Mr. Grimble said we are doing something new,” he sighs, rubbing his arms. The warm spring sun hung in the sky, the sky a warm blue. No clouds lingered in the sky, it was a rather calm day. Suddenly the school bell rings, causing Isabelle and Josh to both jump slightly. Without a word the two young students get up from the pavement and walk towards the door.

~*~*~

“Alright, who can tell me what a demon is?” Mr. Grimble asks at the front of the class. It was History, Isabelle and Josh sat at the back, fiddling with pencils. Isabelle watches as a snooty blonde girl, Annabeth Jones, raises her hand rather enthusiastically. “Anna?” Mr. Grimble calls.

“A demon is a person’s spirit walker. They’re also called demons. Demons are a person’s half spirit, or soul, that walks beside them in their own body,” Annabeth explains, standing from her chair and speaking rather annoyingly. Josh giggles after looking at Isabelle, seeing that she was mocking every word that Annabeth said. Annabeth turns back and glares at Josh, wanting him to stop interrupting her.

“Joshua,” Mr. Grimble scolds, turning his attention back to Annabeth. “Please continue, Annabeth.”

Annabath smiles and flicks a lock of curly blonde hair from her face. “There are four kinds of demons. Settled demons, semi-settled demons, everchangers, and stillborns,” she says, turning and giving Isabelle a dirty look. “Normal demons, also called settled demons, are able to shape shift into different animals until they are eighteen. When it’s their eighteenth birthday, their bronze blood turns silver, making them unable to shape shift anymore,” Annabeth says, about continue speaking.

“That’s enough, Anna,” Mr. Grimble says with a smile. Annabeth gives Mr. Grimble a smile and sits down again. Mr. Grimbles eyes wander around the class, looking for another student to pick on. “Carson? Tell us about a semi-settled demon and an everchanger please.”

The nervous boy, Carson Green, looks at Mr. Grimble with fear. “D-do I have too?” he stutters. Mr. Grimble smiles and nods. Carson fearfully stands up and rubs his hands together. “A-a semi-settled demon is a d-demon that can shape shift into one or two other animals o-other than its original form,” Carson says, stuttering over occasional words. “Semi-settled demons are a-also really smart. Some semi-settled demons know four or five languages. Everchanger demons are demons that can shape shift into a different animal its entire life. They are not so smart and normally speak the native language to their country or town,” Carson says quickly, then sitting down and putting his head on his desk. Isabelle notices  him shaking slightly.