Epilogue

~Years Later~

"Lee, hurry up!" You yelled behind you, smiling when two voices answered.

"Okay!"

"Yes, mommy!"

Your husband walked in, your son on his hip. The little boy reached out towards you and you took him. You kissed li'l Lee on the head and he giggled.

The bigger Lee smiled at the two of you and leaned forward to kiss you, one hand resting on your stomach, swollen with your second child. "I love you."

"I love you too, Lee."

There was a knock on the door, and Lee went to answer it while you finished setting the table.

Putting your little boy in his high-chair, you smiled as you looked at him. The spitting image of his father.

Lee walked back in, pushing Gai Sensei's wheelchair. You walked over and leaned down to kiss Gai on the cheek. "Hey, Pops."

Gai grinned. "Heya, girlie! How's the little one?"

"As good as ever, Gai."

There was another knock at the door and this time you went to answer it. You were met with the sight of Naruto, grinning with his arm around a very pregnant Hinata. Kakashi stood behind them, Sai and Yamato close by his side. Iruka looked over from the back of the crowd.

You motioned them all in, one arm cradling your belly.

You all sat down together at the dinner table, passing food, sharing stories, and laughing. Your heart almost burst for joy as you looked at them. At the people you loved.

You wiped the tears from your cheeks, looking up to find the group looking at you.

"Are you okay?"

"What is wrong, (Y/N)?"

"You good, sweetheart?"

"What wrong, mommy?"

You smiled at them. "I-I'm okay.. I'm just... I'm so... I'm so happy!" The last words were almost wailed as tears poured down your cheeks. Everyone leaned forward, touching your hands, your face, your hair.

Eventually you settled down and everyone went back to the meal, conversation resuming, laughter swelling, joy on the face of every person.

You looked at your family, gathered for Sunday Dinner. Gai, your father, Naruto and Sai, as good as your brothers, Hinata, your sister in everything but blood, Yamato, the uncle that everyone can't help but love, Kakashi, the uncertain member that everyone can't help but invite, Iruka, basically your mother at this point, and Lee, your sweet husband, your light, and li'l Lee, your sweet baby boy. And the baby in your womb, soon to be born.

You had everything. And, even after all these years, you sometimes still found it hard to believe that life could be so beautiful.

There is only one happiness in this life,
to love and be loved.
-George Sand

~Fin