chapter | thirty-two

Beginne am Anfang

Her hand absentmindedly slipped from the steering wheel to his leg as she squeezed it tightly trying to hold back the laugh. Zach's eyes followed her hand. And his reaction was the most priceless thing I have ever seen.

I'll make it simple for you to understand, I have never seen a teenage boy look so scared and constipated at the same time in my entire life. Little Zach's eyes widened, and he slowly turned back in his seat facing the from of the car, he looked like a pure scared child. He slowly rocked back and forth trying to understand what to do; he was so nervous. I burst out laughing, making Shakira not be able to hold hers back anymore.

She pulled her hand away, as real tears of humor fell from her eyes.

Damian laughed obliviously on the other side of the phone, "No, but seriously Sasha, it's my job to protect you...and the people around you." He said uncomfortably.

"Sophie and I just went out to get some food then go to the movies that's all we are doing.." I lied.

"I left you for ten minutes, and you sneak out," He groans on the other end of the phone making me roll my eyes.

"You were gone all day, where were you anyway? " I told him. Damian let out a frustrated hmpf.

"Okay, whatever, see you when you get home, don't get in trouble be smart," He hung up quickly without answering my question, I ignored him and stuffed my phone into my pocket.

Why does he always have to make everything so secretive? The car fell silent; my gaze moved towards the window, I winded it down, sticking my hand out into the fresh night air as we flew down the dark street.

Shakira turned on the radio and turned up the volume to full volume, the sound 'Can't hold us' by Macklemore came on, I grinned.

I turned and looked through the boot window; I could see Everest's truck trailing behind us and suddenly like a ton of bricks, I had an urge to get my adrenaline pumping.

I unbuckled my seat belt and leaned forward giving Shakira and Zach and peck on their cheeks.

"Wish me luck my friends," I mumbled with a giddy tone.

"Sasha," Zach warned, saying my name for the first time, "What are you doing..." Shakira finished his sentence.

"Having fun," I replied opening the sky roof on the top of Shakira's car and stuck my head out, the wind licked my hair making it blow all over my face, "Aw hell no, get the fuck down!" I could faintly hear Shakira yell, but I ignored her. My heart raced in my chest and I knew, I wanted more.

I laughed, placing my foot on the console between the passenger and driver's seat, pushing myself higher, my whole upper half sticking out. My hands gripped the sides of the sunroof so tight that my knuckles turned white. A beep came from Everest's car, But I didn't care, this was making my blood pump and was beyond peaceful, in some weird way.

I climbed higher and higher until only one of my legs was in Shakira's car, the music from the speakers faded away until all I could hear was the aggressive sounds of the wind blowing everywhere, surrounding me completely.

I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, I saw it, Shakira's pick-up truck boot. I felt a tug on my leg, and I looked down to see Zach, "Come down! You are being stupid!" He yelled, but I wasn't finished. I wasn't ready to come down.

Instead of responding I pulled my leg from his grasp, and then my whole body was out the car; I carefully slid until I landed into Shakira's boot. I let out a held breath of air, that was fucking awesome.

How did I not just die?

I heard beeps and cheers from the car behind us. I turned facing them, losing my balance a bit, making me suck in a breath as if it would be my last, I quickly grabbed the roof racks on top of the car, helping me regain my balance. That was way too close.