the chase.

Clint Barton never missed. So the fact that Parker only rushed out of the building with a small graze on her cheek spoke a thousand words.

Parker was working only on pure adrenaline and confusion. The only two concrete thoughts that she could cling hold to were as followed; one, she definitely didn't have the right number and two, she was now in a pursuit. And she did not like it.

She had slid down the stairs after misjudging the gap between hard book and hard floor but she didn't allow herself to stop. Bruises are a lot better than the potential alternative.

Parker Miller had never been pursued before and the second she burst out into the street - her body carrying her further than she expected so she slammed into the wall - she prayed she would never be in a chase again.

She didn't even have time to think about her situation, this wasn't real life. Events like these don't really happen in real life. But here she was; with a flesh wound.

"Shit shit shit shit." The girl muttered as she frantically looked around her. The street was deserted except for a cat that paraded itself along the rooftops. She hoped it wasn't black.

Before Parker could remind her feet to run an arrow sailed past her, slicing another layer of skin and this time taking some of her frizzy hair in the process. She screamed out of shock and pushed herself off the wall, she ran with no particular destination in mind, the only general place being 'not here'.

The arrow in question had lodged itself in the dirt road next to a dead beetle. Parker chose not to contemplate long on if the blood on the tip was hers as she began to pull the shaft. If anyone was to see her now her limited Bengali wouldn't even begin to explain the situation, on the other hand, she couldn't explain in English either.

Clint smiled to himself as she tried to pull the arrow out. At first she overestimated her own strength and her hand slid up the arrow feebly and she sliced her hand on the feather. Parker swore to the Lord and tried again, this time using too much strength so she stumbled backwards when the arrow was freed.

In this little moment of adrenaline she smiled broadly at her achievement, momentarily forgetting her predicament. Clint however wouldn't let her forget as he began to run down the stairs ignoring the

Parker's smile quickly turned back to what seemed like her permanent expression of shock. Two men came around the corner and at first she was happy that if she was to die from an arrow in her back that there would be witnesses. The she saw the look on their faces and she took the Lord's name in vain.

Parker Miller didn't want to trust her gut instinct which was to flee in the general direction of the person with a lethal weapon. But then again she didn't really want to go in either way.

She turned on her heels, the sound of the dry sand floor beneath her offering no comfort and she ran. Away from the civilisation of the busy street and further into the slums of Calcutta. In hindsight Parker Miller would kick herself.

The building Agent Barton was in just so happened to have its exit straight onto her route. The force of the universe was also forced an incredible stroke of timing.

Parker Miller and Clint Barton crashed into each other with such force that it felt like both had slammed into a brick wall.

Parkers excuse was her own blind panic and Clint's alibi simply that sometimes he allowed himself to get too cocky.

The universe also seemed to like pain; Parker accidentally stuck the arrow in her hand into Clint's stomach. It was the wrong day for him to not wear any armour.