Thirteen

Thirteen-

Bianca

I sighed as I set the last box on the floor. This was it.  I had moved out of my mother's house and into Zach's. I can't believe he had his own house! He had moved everything over for me so I had room in his drawers and closet for my things. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and I smiled;this was where I wanted to be. He kissed up my neck and I knew where this was going. I giggled and pulled away, tsking at him. 

"Nu-uh."

He groaned and plopped down on the bed, burying his face in the dark blue covers. I laughed and sat next to him, rubbing his back. He sighed in content as I started massaging his tense muscles and I scolded myself for being so selfish. It wasn't just me that was stressed about me leaving my mother, but he was and his family and I know my mom would be. I kissed his cheek and got up to get in the shower. I grabbed my clothes and opened the bathroom door, starting the hot water. I set my clothes down and climbed in the shower, sighing in content. I closed my eyes and scrubbed the shampoo into my hair. I started to relax and was pulled into my thoughts. 

"Mommy, watch me!" 

"I'm watching, baby," she smiled. I giggled and slid down the big slide again. I was a big girl and I wasn't afraid of the big slides anymore. "Oh, good job!" I jumped off and ran to her, giggling a storm. She took me in her arms and spun me all around, laughing with me. 

"There's my two beautiful girls," I heard my father's voice from the backdoor. I turned and smiled at him. My daddy was the smartest and the most handsome daddy in the world. His paler skin and  dark brown hair fit with my mommy's olive skin and light brown hair. His chestnut eyes shined as he looked at us. 

"I rode the big slide, daddy!" 

"I saw that, jellybean, you're such a big girl," he smiled, taking me from mommy's arms. "I was fixing to start the hamburgers." 

"That sounds yummy," mommy said, kissing daddy's cheek.  

"My turn," I said, patting their faces. They both kissed my cheeks at the same time and I giggled. 

I loved my family.

I didn't realize I was crying until I got out of the shower. I lost everything when he died. I blew my nose with a few pieces of toilet paper and dried myself, putting on my clothes. I dried my hair with a towel as I walked out of the bathroom. I lifted my eyes from off the floor to see Zach still face down on the bed. I giggled and walked over, leaning over him. He was quietly snoring on the pillow. I kissed his hair and went down stairs to get something to eat, rubbing my temples and grabbing a glass for some water. That memory of my parents in the backyard of our old home had hurt. That was what my life used to be like;peaceful. I never thought that everything would change so fast. 

"Mommy, where's daddy?" I asked mommy, tugging on her skirt.  

"He was in a little accident, sweetie." 

"But he'll be okay?" 

"Of course, baby," she smiled, but I knew she was lying. A man in a funny white coat called her name and she walked up to him, rubbing her hands. They talked for a while until mommy burst into tears. I ran to her and hugged her legs. 

"Mommy! Mommy, what happened?" She picked me up and held me in her arms. 

"He's gone, baby. Daddy's gone." 

"No! You lie! Where is my daddy!?" I squirmed out of her arms and ran into the room I saw the man walk out of. "Daddy!" I jumped on the chair and then leapt on to his bed, pulling back the white sheet that was placed over him. I gasped at what I saw...I could hardly recognize him. He was pale and his face was bloodied and battered. I almost threw up at the sight. His dark hair clung to his skin by blood alone. There was no air coming from his chest and when I leaned down I neither hear nor felt a heartbeat. "Daddy," I whispered, sobbing. 

"Bianca!" I heard my mommy's voice from the other side of the door. She burst through and gasped at what she saw. "Oh, Richard."  She snatched me away from my daddy and I buried my face in her hair, ruining her shirt with my tears. "He's gone, Bianca, he's gone." 

"He's gone," I said to myself. 

"Bianca?" I gasped as the glass cup fell from my hands and on to the floor.

"Zach! You scared me. I'm so sorry, I'll clean it," I apologized, moving to pick up the pieces of glass.

"What do you think you're doing?!" He rushed over and swatted my hands from the glass. "You could cut yourself." 

"I just-"

"You need rest, honey. Go up to the room and take a nap. Do you even know how long you've been standing there?" I shook my head and he sighed. "Go take a nap;I'll clean this up."

"Okay." 

What was wrong with me today? 

I climbed the stairs and crawled in to the big, warm bed. I sighed in content,closing my eyes. Okay, maybe I could get used to this.