"The room across from mine is yours and you know that, go unpack your stuff and get dressed. I want to go get food, I'm starved."

I nodded and chugged my coffee before jumping down then grabbing my bag to go unpack. Crow and I had been friends for years and it was I that changed his ways and helped live a quiet life in this little house. He stood int he doorway as I unpacked my clothes and few belongings I had grabbed from my room. I turned to look at him as he looked at his phone in worry then looked at me.

"You told me you got in trouble with some doves, I didn't realize you killed one!"

"I-I didn't kill him at the ball, he was only injured. I hit him maybe five times and all in places where it wouldn't kill him."

"Then do you think the CCG is trying to get the ghouls to act out, I mean they can't really do their job if your family is in the way but if the ghouls attack because they want to protect the royal family then it gives the CCG the right to take command again. It'll be the eyepatch all over again but this time the royal family will be hunted, I think you need to talk to the demon cats and have them go into hiding for now. You should-"

"I'm going to tell them to keep the peace among the ghouls and find the binge eater, we need to make sure no ghouls attack humans."

"Okay, I'll send a text to them to meet...."

"Meet here, it'll be the safest place for us to meet."

He nodded then walked away as I sat on my new bed thinking of the situation I was in, I slowly made my way to the livingroom to find Crow with his mask on glaring at the tv. A news reporter was announcing the death of the investigator and Pharaoh and I were suspects. They had arrested Pharaoh but Cheshire was still loose and on the run. The door opened and a couple of ghouls walked in with cats masks on. It was Fei and Mei, the twin cats were quite well known for their peaceful acts and movements when the ghoul act wasn't even a possibility. Lena, who was my best friend and my partner in crime who helped me with anything and everything. Mako who helped me with everything and the only one-eyed ghoul in my group. Deijha Aka Kara was a bit more delicate and reminded me of a true lady but knew how to kill gracefully. Machina Kat was my loyal sidekick and badass bitch, who loved to kill which was hard to control sometimes. 

Shadow was one of the ghouls I sent on silent missions, she knew how to move fast but silently, she was a part of the shadows. Jaguar was a close friend who helped me put this group together in the first place. Neko and Meko were close friends and inseparable so they kinda remind us of twins. 

They all sat on the couch and I looked at them as they slid their masks on, Crow turned the TV off as everyone settled in the livingroom

They all sat on the couch and I looked at them as they slid their masks on, Crow turned the TV off as everyone settled in the livingroom. I went back upstairs and grabbed my mask from my bag then went back downstairs with my mask on. 

"So I guess we are gonna play peacekeepers until you decide what to really do," Mei said with a sarcastic voice.

"Listen, I know you guys might be against it but I need you guys to lie lay until I've got confirmation on the investigator's death. If you attack the doves I will make sure that you guys fear me for life," I said in a threatening voice and a couple smiled tightly.

A couple nodded quickly and I gave the others a hard look then they quickly nodded with the rest of them. Crow chuckled as he left the room, I rolled my eyes at him then looked back to my group.

"If any doves ask you for my whereabouts tell them that you haven't seen me since our last meeting. Our last official meeting was before that incident so you won't be lying but you will be protecting me."

They all nodded and I got up to leave and they followed, "Thank you guys for standing by my side but from here on out we have to play it safe until I say so. That is all!"

They all nodded slightly and made their way for the door while I went up to my room. I changed my clothes and stood in front of the mirror. The shirt was a gray tanktop and a black mini leather jacket. The jacket had no sleeves and only a little bit of spikes on the shoulders. I wore black jeans that had small holes in the upper thigh area. As I went downstairs I carried my bag with shoes in it then placed them in the shoe cabinet. I pulled out black combat boots then stuck my head in the door.

"Crow, I'll be back I promise to be safe," I said as I pulled my mask on and he just gave me a black face.

I winked then left and turned straight into an alley to avoid people, they knew Cheshire as a criminal now and the only other person I could think of going to that would be willing to help was across town. I had to use the alleys to move through the city but other than that I made it pretty quickly across town. When I reached his house I stopped myself from knocking on the front door and went to his backyard. He was a few years older than me and the son of a really rich family, I still wonder how his father managed to find a woman willing to be with him but whatever. When I unlocked the gate Izahura appeared next to me with his mask on, he wore a gray mask that had cracks in it and over the left eye it caved in with skull look in that area. 

I waved him by opening and closing my hand in a weird way, he just walked away and I shrugged before fallowing him. We went inside and into the dining area where bloody pieces of meat lay garnished on a platter. 

I sat next to him and he placed some on my plate then spoke softly, "Is it true that you killed that dove?"

"I didn't kill him, I did attack in defense and I promise none of my hits were lethal. I need you to talk to one of the investigators, I need Suto to hear me out and tell me what has really happened."

"Suto Giichi the associate special class investigator, he is known for coldly killing ghouls who do wrong. Are you sure he won't hurt you?"

"Yes, I know for a fact that he won't try anything as long as I can get him alone then I will be fine."

"I'll see what I can do but you will eat, you look unhealthy. It seems your mother wasn't taking as good of care as I thought."

"It's because I was giving my food to my friend, she was in a tight spot and couldn't get food without killing so I gave her my rations. You know how that can be," I looked around the table before continuing, "I see you have continued to write your mother's name on the ration list."

"They don't know if she lives or not. She was never a bad ghoul, it was my father they hunted...not my mother."

"I will eat then I will go back, but do make sure I get some kind of confirmation." 

"Of course," He said softly as he placed a forkful of human gracefully in his mouth.

I nodded then ate the human that was placed before me, I could tell that this had sat but the chef who worked here tried their best to make it taste good. That was what it tasted like on a daily basis, the human would sit too long because it had to go through a process. of the person's funeral then of course it being tagged and moved to the warehouse for us to have shipped to our houses. The world had turned cruel and unfeeling but we continued to live in it with false joy and happiness. 

I finished my plate then stood to leave when Iza spoke, "I live a lonely life with little excitement, will my little kitty bring me a lion to eat?"

He licked his lips as I turned to face him, "I will bring you the alpha lion, the leader of the pride and this time I won't let any of my friends die."

"It wasn't your fault that my he died, Lena knew he would do it and I can promise you she doesn't hate anyone but herself for not being strong enough. If she would have stood up and fought back then he wouldn't have given his life to protect you guys."

I dropped my head to the ground then walked away from him and his house, I traveled by shadow to Crow's house. He stood in the livingroom when I came through the door, he looked pale and sickly.

"Are you okay?"

"Suto Giichi was here looking for you, he said that he wanted to speak to you but I told him you weren't here. I didn't think they would catch on so fast, I don't think will be safe here!"