Chapter 7

Joey's Pov.

''Sorry for telling them about your family.'' Sammy apologized and I smiled at her.
''It’s ok, you needed to talk about it, I keep forgetting they were your family too.'' It was the truth, she was close to my family.
''Yeah.'' She sobbed, I saw tears rolling off her cheeks.
''Sammy, don’t cry please.'' I begged her while wrapping my arms around her tiny waist, it was breaking my heart seeing her like this.
''I just hate it that you blame yourself, you used to be so fun and energetic and now all you do is study, you wanted to be an architect and now you're going to be a surgeon.'' I knew what she was talking about.
Its true I wanted to be an architect, but my parents always had the dream of one of their kids becoming surgeon, they were ok with me wanting to be an architect but that’s because they still had my sister, now I was the only kid alive from them and I planned to make them proud of me as much as I can.
''Cuz, I want to make them happy.'' I murmured still hugging her.
''That’s why you're not dating as well?’’ She pulled away from my arms to look into my eyes, as she waited for my reply.
I knew she was referring to me turning down offers of going out with the boys from my old high school, I even changed my phone number and made it private so only Sammy and my uncle and aunt, a couple of people, like my lawyers and people working for us at all of our houses had it.
Yes I was avoiding dating, is that so wrong? I didn’t think so, besides I haven’t really felt that pull that you feel when you’re attracted to someone.
''Thanks for helping Kevin.'' She said as she snuggled back into my arms.
And by the time I looked down at her she had her eyes close, I smiled at her moving little strands of hair from her face.
''Don’t mention it.'' I replied even though I could hear her soft snoring...
 That was another thing, I actually agreed to tutor that boy, I mean nothing against the jocks.
That's a lie Joey, I mentally rolled my eyes.
I got everything against jocks; the boy I wanted to go out with the night of their accident was the quarterback of my old high school.
The one that gave my dad a bad vibe, the one responsible for me and my dad's argument, yeah I know  it doesn’t work like that, but I gotta find somewhere I can place all my anger and pain.
The next day after I had to verify it was my family lying in the morgue, I went straight to school, up to the jock and punched and kneed him in his stomach...
His name was Tyler, but I rather referred to him as 'jock'.
I just hope Kevin doesn’t give me any problems.
Should I mention I’m gay? Nah my personal life shouldn’t have anything to do with his studies, so nope I’m not telling him about me being gay.
Sammy was breathing softly as she slept, we were sitting on the couch in the living room, my uncle came in and looked at us.
''Thank you Joey, how you doing son?'' He asked me.
''I’m alright.'' I answered, short answers were my specialty.
''It’s been hard on Sammy too, you know.'' He stated while looking at the sleeping Sammy.
He then continued to speak.
''She lost her cousin and her second parents, but what’s hurting her more is having her cousin so close yet, it feels like she's lost him too.'' He sniffed a little, I knew he had a point.
''I know and I’m trying but-'' he cut me off.
''We understand you're hurting, hell we are all hurting but you’re the one hurting the most.'' He sighed and looked once again down at Sammy the way my parents used to look at me.
''But we want to help you, not to forget them, we can’t,  we loved them so so much and for people to keep telling us, that god took them for a reason, well I don’t see a reason to take our loved ones, but this I gotta say, you have a reason to live your life, be someone your parents would be proud of, so please get help for your depression, we are worried about you and we love you, to me you’re my son.'' he said choking because of the tears flowing out of his eyes.
He was looking at me like my dad used to look at me, and I felt tears in my eyes.
''I'll try uncle Bob, I'll try.'' I promise, hugging Sammy more, ''I promise, I'll try.'' I mumbled softly.
He nodded his head and gave me a kiss on my forehead then went to lift Sammy off of me.
I looked at him going upstairs with Sammy in his arms, and sighed because I knew I had to try but it’s just so hard.
How can you move on with your life, when you know your family is not moving on anymore?