"I don't like Ethan." He stated.

"We got that." I muttered. Oliver rolled his eyes.

"Let me finish, you oaf, then maybe you'll know that I don't hate you. It's just that sorta protective trait that runs in the family. You pick it up easy. Anyway," He went on, looking at his parents, "Can't we just take Ethan until he gets enough money for his own place? He could get a job working at dad's shop. Ethan's good with cars."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Rick protested in irritation. I knew that was coming. Devin scowled at him, then glanced at me uneasily.

"I don't know..."

"Come on, we can trust Ethan." Oliver insisted.

"How?" Rick returned. Oliver glared at him.

"If Lucas trusts him, I trust him." He declared. Rick frowned and looked over at Lucas and I, studying us for a while before he looked at Devin, who was watching us too. Lucas was holding my arm tightly, his nails digging into my skin, but I barely felt it as we waited.

"I guess," Devin said at last, "But you can't close your door once it gets dark, just to be on the safe side and, Ethan, you have to get a job. Rick would be happy to provide you with the job, but you have to work hard and don't slack off."

"S-Seriously?" I managed in disbelief.

"Yea, seriously?" Rick demanded. Devin ignored him swiftly, looking at Danny, who was shifting from foot to foot.

"I take it you're fine with these arrangements too?" He asked. Danny held his breath for a moment, then smiled.

"Yea. Sounds good to me." He agreed. Blake shrugged.

"Fine, but like Devin said. Keep the door open at night." He said. I didn't care that they didn't trust me at night. I suddenly felt light headed. They actually agreed to this. They were seriously going to let me stay with them- which meant more time with Lucas.

Speaking of Lucas, he was hugging me tightly now, his face buried against my shoulder as I held him.

"I wanna go home." He said after a while, gazing up at me. I nodded. Blake and I helped Lucas get out of bed, but I left so he could change into the extra clothes his parents brought with them. I waited out in the waiting room as Devin and the others departed. Except Rick.

Rick stayed behind to frown at me.

"Well, don't just stand around," He told me with a miserable sigh, "Let's head over to your place and grab your things."

"I don't have much."

"Even better. Let's do this fast then." Rick replied. I nodded and before leaving, let Lucas know that I was heading to my house to grab my things. He looked reluctant, but agreed. He didn't let me go, though, until I kissed him. On the lips. In front of his uncle and his dad, who shared looks that told me they were in for a long haul.

"So," Rick said after we got in his car, "Time to lay down some ground rules."

"Can you check no breathing off the list? I sort of need oxygen." I responded dryly as I buckled up. Rick snorted, but a smirk was tugging at the corners of his lips. He started the engine and backed out of the parking lot, getting on the road and heading for my house.

"Fine. Rule number one. I don't want you getting too comfortable smooching my nephew."

"Oh, please. Do you have any idea what Nick and Oliver do-"

"I do and I don't even want to think about it, otherwise, I'll take out all that shit on you and believe me, you don't want me to. Especially going fifty miles an hour."