Chapter 13

Victoria's POV

I peel my eyes open and see all white around me. My vision clears and notice a bunch of hospital equipment. Great. I absolutely hate the hospital. I cover my eyes from the bright lights and I look around and see 2 people that I'm really dreading seeing right now. The 2 that almost beat the life out of their own daughter to get what they want, probably just for more money.

"What do you want?" I ask them not making any eye contact with them.

"Our daughter is in the hospital we have to help you out until you get better." Stephanie smiles. Fake bitch.

I roll my eyes in pure disgust at them. "Just get the fuck out I don't even want to see you guys ever again. You got what you want so you can leave." I stare at the ceiling due to the massive pain in my head.

"Victoria.." Paul gets cut off by the doctor coming in. Thank god.

"Oh you're awake." He smiles and checks all the machines and stuff. "Well now that you're awake we gave you stitches for your cut on your head and also need to do a few tests on you. There's one in here that no visitors can be in here for and there's 2 others that we'll take you in another room for." He tells me and I nod in agreement. I can't believe my own parents did this as my punishment.

••

Few hours later after all the tests I'm in the hospital room rewatching our match last night. I really thought we could've won too. Now I'm stuck teaming with the Authority, but one thing that's bugging me more than any of that is Randy. I just want to talk to him and kiss him again, I just want him.

I hear the door open again and the doctor comes back in with a clipboard. "Well we got the test results and it turns out you have a very serious concussion." He tells me and flips through is papers. "Usually when people have concussions we give them some medicine and send them home, but for how serious yours is, we would like you to stay here overnight just to be safe." He sets his clipboard down on a chair and checks on the monitors.

After he leaves, I'm debating if I should call Randy or not. It's really early in the morning I'm sure he's sleeping, I'll let him sleep. I get as comfortable as I can be in the hospital bed and fall asleep myself.

Randy's POV

I can't even sleep this is crazy, I been trying to sleep for 3 hours and I can only seem to think of Victoria. I want to visit her in the hospital but I know if I show up and Paul's there, he'll end up firing me. That was the deal and I can't get fired I love what I do. Maybe a text message wouldn't hurt, right?

I grab my phone off the night table and go to our messages. I don't even know what to say, I just want to talk to her. Before I know it, I have a long ass paragraph already written. I read it over before I decide to send it.

Hey beautiful, I'm just checking in and seeing how you're doing and how you're feeling. I just want to see you and talk to you and kiss you. I haven't been able to sleep at all thinking about you being hurt like that. I know that we told your father that we would stop talking and not see each other unless it's business related but baby, I don't think I can do that. I rewatched the match and I saw when he kicked you, when you got knocked out since I didn't get to see it when it actually happened. And every single time I close my eyes, that's all I can see. Baby, I'll find a way for us to see each other without anyone knowing, I promise. Just please text me whenever you see this and let me know what's going on and if your okay. ❤️

Should I send it? I read it over and over again and press the send button. I take in a deep breath and lay my phone back on the table and try to fall back asleep.

••

Next morning I wake up and immediately check my phone to see if I got anything from Victoria and I am highly upset when I don't see anything. I just want to know if she's okay and how she's feeling. I thought about it a little more and got an idea before I pick up my phone and searched for his number.

"Hello?"

"Hey do you have a minute? Would you mind if I stopped by there for a few minutes to talk to you about something?" Please say yes, please say yes.

"Yeah I'm at the stadium still you can come by." He tells me.

"Awesome, thank you sir." I smile and hang up.

I get inside my rental car and I'm on my way to the only person who can possibly help me.

When I get to the Stadium, I walk around and see a bunch of people still packing up all the equipment from last night.

Once I see him, I walk up to him and shake his hand. We sit at one of the tables in the catering area.

"Vince I need your help." I tell him and take a drink of my water bottle.

"Okay."

"If I asked you if I could date Victoria what would you say?" I ask him in hoping he'll say yes.

"I mean well I don't know, that's not exactly a question I could answer, she's not my daughter. That's a question for Stephanie and Paul, not me. Why do you ask?" He asks me.

Where do I even begin?

"Well because I like her, like a lot. Paul and Stephanie are not okay with it at all and they made that tag match last night so where if we win, we can date, and if we lose she has to join The Authority again. And since she got hurt and we lost, I can't have any communication with her and if I do I'm fired and so is she. I'm so worried about her that I'm barely able to sleep. I know this is probably weird to hear about your grand daughter but I don't know who else to turn to." I rub my eyes with the palms of my hands.

"Well I don't know what exactly to do because Victoria isn't my daughter and I have no control over what they do. But I can tell you that I wasn't exactly thrilled with Steph dating Paul at first either so I don't really blame him. Now, if the old you was asking me I would say no because you were a dick and you had no respect for anyone but yourself. But you're a changed man now. And another thing, don't worry about them firing you, no matter how many times they say they're the boss, they're not. I am and I have charge of who they can fire and I'm not going to let them fire you. I know it's difficult now but just keep fighting for her. It's what Paul did and showed that he loved and cared about Steph and I was okay. So just keep trying and don't worry about them firing you because they have to go through me. They just want to scare you. Don't listen to it. One last thing, if you get their okay, you'll be very lucky to have Victoria, but if you hurt her I'll hurt you." He sends me a small smile.

Vince is such a different guy when he's not a business guy and I admire that about him.

"Thank you so much sir. And don't worry about that, that will never happen" I stand up and shake his hand before I head out back to the car. I head straight for the hospital.