"Alba. I-" He started then stopped.

I knew it. I knew he didn't like me. The look on his face said it all. But I wanted him to say it. I wanted him to say those four simple words. I need him to.

"Jason, just tell me."

At that, he pushed my bangs back behind my ear, resting his palm below my cheek and caressing my now rosy cheek with his thumb. I closed my eyes to take in his touch, then opened them to connect with his beautiful blue eyes. They seemed to be sparkling under the now moon light.

He started to lean forward and I couldn't let this happen. He needed to say weather he liked me.

"Jason, please." I begged.

"Alba, I, I-"

"THERE YOU TWO ARE!"

I closed my eyes, frusterated, this cannot be happening. He's not here. I opened them and whipped my head 'round to face him when he spoke again.

"We have been looking everywhere for you guys!" Zach said, totally oblivious to what was just happening.

Right now, all I want to do is punch Zach in his nose. Jason hand fell from my face and he smiled weakly at me before speaking to Zach.

"Yeah, we went out for ice cream and I guess we lost track of time."

"Well, we should get back. Y'all had Mr. Montez worried sick!"

Crap! I hope he's not mad.

***

"You kids.... Next time you go out, tell someone, call or leave a note. Don't you do that at home?"

Uh, no not really. I mean, as long as I'm home before ten, it's not really a problem, but Mr. Montez isn't my parents so I understand what he means.

"Yes, and we are terribly sorry. It wont happen again."

"That's right Sir, it won't. We lost track of time. We promise it wont happen again"

"I'm just glad you both are okay. Well, enough with this, let's eat."

At dinner, Lily was giving me some nasty looks. What the hell is her problem?

After eating some Mexican take out, and watched a comedy called "Take Me Home Tonight," we all went to bed.

I laid awake, with Rachel next to me, thinking of every possibility of words that Jason was about to say. Which wasn't actually very much. I grunted then sighed. Whatever Jason was about to say earlier, I was going to get it out of him.

And I know when and where.

***

I grumbled to myself when the sun shone in threw the windows and onto my face, waking me up. I grabbed my phone to check the time; ten thirty-eight A.M. After falling asleep at two thirty this morning, I felt like I could use a few more hours. But that wasn't going to happen cause I knew if I didn't get up now, I would sleep the entire day away.

I threw myself out of bed and grabbed my bermuda jean shorts and a off the shoulder purple shirt with a white tank for underneath and headed for the shower.

I didn't really feel like going to the beach today so after dressing, I lounged around in the sitting area and waited for everyone to get back from the beach.

Tonight we are going to the Pier and that's when I was going to get Jason to tell me how he feels about me.

One way or another...