"Okay."
He mutters.

I lean over, attempting to kiss him on the lips, but he doesn't purse his lips out when I try.

"Carl, give me a kiss."
I bite my cheek.
"I can't leave when we're like this, please give me a kiss."

"I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of the baby, and you want me to kiss you goodbye before you leave after I've told you multiple times that I don't want you gone?"
He says, tone cutting like a knife, before he pecks my lips, just barely and stands up.
"There, we're made up, have a good time."

I swallow loudly, chest aching as I fought back the tears that wanted to come through.
"When I come back, I promise I'll give you, like, two blowjobs."

"If you come back, it's gonna have to be closer to five."

Ouch. His words hurt a lot, and it didn't help that I wasn't going to be able to see him for a little while.

His double-standard wasn't fair, so I wasn't going to back down. It's not okay that he gets to do whatever he wants with free reign, but I always have to go to him before making any decisions. He doesn't own me, he's dating me.

"Will you help me with my bags?"

"I actually have stuff that I need to do."
He says, just barely patting my tummy.
"Bye, Walsh."

Allowing a few tears to fall down my cheek, I walk down the stairs, say goodbye to Carter, and meet Queen outside on the porch.

"Hey, sport!"

"Carl is so mad."
I cry.

"Little Walsh, you are an independent young man."
He kneels down, hands on my shoulders.
"Do not let him take away your power, you are not his bitch. He can't handle the fact that he's not the only one with a pair of balls."

I nod, sniffling.

"But between you and me... yours seem to be bigger."
He teases, ruffling my hair.
"Come on, sport, lets get going."

Grabbing my bags, he slugs them over his shoulder and begins to walk me over to the car that we'd be taking. When I was little, I had tiny toy cars that I would get for my birthday and Christmas, so I was familiar with the model.

A 1999 Ford Expedition.

"You can sit in the back with Aspen."
Queen orders.
"Buckle up."

"Yes, sir!"
Saluting, I nod and hurry into the very back seat, buckling the seatbelt before waiting for the rest of the crew.

"Bluebird!"
Aspen smiles, grabbing me into a suffocating hug.
"I'm so glad you could make it!"

"Passing this up didn't feel right."

"I'm happy you're tagging along, bunny, I mean it."

We were only in the car for a little while, maybe two hours at the most. It was a bumpy journey with a lot of snapping twigs and branch scraped windows.