Mindless Or Not...There Not My Type!

“Where do you girls want to eat?” Mrs. Alexander said driving down the boulevard in her blue Volvo.

“HOOTERS!” shouted Moni from the passenger side. It was Best Friend Day…Cheesy right? But it was the only way Moni and I get to spend time with each other since I don’t go to her school or even live in Baltimore! Life really sucks when your away from your best friend for months! But good thing is my dad said I could spend the whole weekend with Moni and her mom.

I use to live in Baltimore until my dad got a BIG promotion and the next thing I know my dad is packing everything up into our small silver Toyota Prius when I walk into the parking lot. “Were moving bud!” he smiled cheerfully throwing another box into the back of the car.

“Hooters it is.” Mrs. Alexander said not even questioning . Is she aware that we are about to go into a legal strip club for kids. Hooters the place that makes it okay for women to show what the good lord gave them just to pleasure horny men! So…disgusting. I could never and would never show off my breast or legs for an extra tip, and plus my dad wouldn’t allow it, I could see it now, ‘here lies Tracy Keith, was hired to work in Hooters but her dad wouldn’t allow it, as you can see.’

I don’t even understand why Moni wanted to go here…was she trying to tell me something? Maybe she was playing for the other team! Oh god I missed so much in my best friends life that I couldn’t even see that she was turning into a full out lesbian!

“AGHH!” Moni screamed from the front causing Mrs. Alexander to swerve on the road.

“what the hell is wrong with you?” Mrs. Alexander screamed. Her voice was so stern I literally thought she was going to pimp slap Moni back into the 80’s where it was considered okay…sort of. But she didn’t, because there was a reason for the high-pitched scream, as Mrs. Alexander pulled up to a red light she looked back at me…clearly unfazed by Moni and her teenage outburst.

“Where is Mrs. Riight, I gotta see her…travel all across the world just to meet her.” Moni sung along with the radio, full blasting it. I rolled my eyes, Mindless Behavior have struck again!. If you actually listen to their music you can clearly hear their talking about beating children and grinding on little kids foreheads! REALLLY? There twelve! Barely went through puberty and their talking about “you could be my number one girl?” Puh-lease! Don’t get me wrong their songs are catchy and you could move your body to some but…shouldn’t they be in school learning their roman numerals or something. Taking a nap possible? Moni turned to me with her cheeky smile. “why aren’t you singing? I love them!”

“I don’t know the words.” I mumbled, looking out the window just wanting the song to be over already.

“WHAT?!!” she said over exaggerating once again…totally normal Moni behavior and personality. “Are you on drugs?”

Mrs. Alexander glanced back at me for a quick second before beginning to drive. At least she felt some remorse for me or she actually thought I on drugs since EVERY girl was completely goo-goo-gaa-gaa for these kids! I cue the drool when I see Zac Efron or possible Chris Brown walking around shirtless not two year olds walking around talking about puppy love that they haven’t even experienced yet!

“Well are you on Drugs?” Moni said a little more serious…is she serious we’ve been friends since kindergarten, and she knows my life plan on going to West Tampa for College…now my question: Are you on drugs?

“no, I’m not on drugs, thanks for asking.” I said smiling sarcastically.

“Why don’t you know the song? Its quite catchy and everybody knows it…right mom?” She said turning towards her mom who smiled.