Chapter 26 - The Death Of One

Everything was blurry as my eyes slowly opened and closed. I’m not sure how long they stayed closed for, but I knew I was in the back seat of a car and my head was resting on Aiden’s lap. Another thing I was sure of was that there was some kind of diluted liquid wolfs bane in the syringe Aiden jabbed into my neck. I wasn’t sure how long I would take to recover, hell I didn’t know how long it had been since the parking lot.

The car came to a stop and Aiden pulled me out. I couldn’t stand, I could barely keep my eyes open. I tried to pull away from his grip, but I only slammed into the side of the car.

“Easy now, sweetheart.” Aiden said in a low voice as he grabbed me around the waist again.

“Go to hell,” Was all I could come up with. I had to blink a few times to focus my eyes.

“Now you would think a smart girl like yourself would know to be nice to the people who could kill her any second.”

“If you wanted me dead, you would have killed me already.” I said groggily, unaware if I was slurring my words or not – it sounded fine in my head.

“Ethan help him bring her up. And enough with the small talk, we have a job to do.” Kali’s sharp voice snapped.

As Ethan and Aiden were dragging me upstairs I suddenly realised where we were – Derek’s loft. Apparently I was part of their plan to get Derek. Which would explain why Aiden had been trying to get close to me.

Kali walked in front of us while Ethan and Aiden kept me back away from the door. She opened it and stood in the middle of the frame, her claws out and her (unhygienic) toe nails that she slashed Boyd with last time we fought.

“I have be honest Derek.” She began as she walked through the door frame and I assume down the stairs – she walked out of my sight, but I could still hear her. “When Ennis died, I thought to myself, I should just go for it. Find you and kill you, wherever you stood. Then I remembered how you surround yourself with these teenagers, hiding behind them. Then I thought, what does a girl gotta do to get you alone?” Apparently that was our cue. Aiden and Ethan dragged me to the top of the stairs so Derek, Isaac and Boyd could see me. “You and me, Derek… or they rip her apart.”

Aiden had a hand around my throat and the other around my waist while Ethan held my hands. It wasn’t like I could do anything anyway. If I took one step forward I would fall to the ground. My legs weren’t holding me up – the twins were. And I didn’t even have the strength to turn and if someone was to scratch me I’m not sure I would even heel. My entire werewolf side was paralysed and my human side wasn’t functioning below my neck.

“You think you can beat me one on one.” Kali said. Derek made a gesture and Isaac and Boyd backed away. Isaac looked at me, wondering why I wasn’t fighting back until he realized I couldn’t and clenched his jaw.

“I’m going to rip your throat out, with my teeth.” Derek said before roaring and charging at Kali. Kali met him halfway.

My eyes couldn’t focus on their fast moving figures, but I could tell who was who. They circled around each other slashing at each other and dodging. Their movements made me dizzy. I tried to break free of the twins’ grips, but I was nowhere near strong enough. My attempts probably felt like I was just shaking to them, but I did feel the grip around my waist and wrists tighten, but not my throat.

I could feel the spray of water on my face as Derek and Kali were jumping and flipping in the flooded apartment. Kali had cut the power so it was no longer electrified. Screaming wouldn’t have done anything and I wouldn’t have been able to anyway. All I could do was stand there… watching.

I saw Isaac look at his phone and then start running towards me and the twins just as Boyd ran for Kali and Derek. Aiden and Ethan knew something was going on so they let me go and let Isaac catch me as they walked down the stairs. I tried to move to the water, but Isaac grabbed my around the waist and pulled me to the ground as blue sparks lit up from the water. Boyd crashed to the ground along with Derek and Kali. It was only a short burst and Kali recovered instantly. The twins ran up to Derek and grabbed his hands and claws, holding them up. Kali went for Boyd and lifted him up and impaled him on Derek’s nails.

I tried to break free of Isaac grip, but I was still too weak and his arms were now wrapped around mine pinning them down.

Kali began to walk away with the twins behind her. “We’re giving you until the next full moon, Derek. Make the smart choice. Join our pack, or next time… I’m killing all of you.” With that they walked out and left.

I stopped struggling. It was too late. I let my entire body give out and collapse against Isaac and my head rest on his chest.

Boyd was still alive, but only just.

“It’s okay.” I could hear Boyd say.

“No, no it’s not.” Derek said, putting his hands over Boyd’s wound. Their voices got lower and I could no longer hear them in my current state, but I could tell Isaac could. He was fighting back tears and his grip tightened.

Then Boyd fell to the ground and a wave of water washed over him from the impact. Stiles, Lydia and Cora came running through the door. Cora wasted no time in running to Boyd’s side and broke down in tears. Stiles placed a hand on Derek’s shoulder while Lydia stood back in shock.

I gave in and let the tears roll down my face.

Hey!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what you think. reading comments is like the highlight of my day :)