Chapter 5 - These Two?

Hey, Anna, we need to speak with Derek. Can he come with you to school this morning? –Scott.

I read Scott’s text and showed it to Derek. “Come on, I’ll drive. Isaac, you’re staying here today.” Derek said before grabbing his keys and leading me to his car. “Okay, so we found Isaac and are close to finding Erica and Boyd. So can you promise me today you’ll stay in school and not ditch?” Derek asked me, taking his eyes of the road for a moment.

“I guess.” I said, but my voice didn’t sound promising. Derek rolled his eyes, he knew that was the best he was going to get.

“Okay, well how about you promise me you’ll stay away from the twins?”

“Ah, well, they may be in some of my classes and their lockers are near mine, but I can promise I won’t sit with them at lunch.” I said giving Derek a sweet smile. “Besides, what are they gunan do in school? There’re too many witnesses and Scott will be there. Plus I’m more than capable of looking after myself. They aren’t the only ones with super strength.”

“Yes, but they can morph into a giant werewolf that is three times your size.” Derek said as he parked the car. We both got out and I walked over to him and gave him a quick kiss.

“You worry too much. Come on, the guys are waiting for us.” I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the school.

Ten minutes later we were with Allison, Lydia, Scott and Stiles in a class room. They showed us some bruises on Allison and Lydia’s arms that was apparently left there by the same chic that saved Isaac. They were all convinced that it was a ‘sign’ to lead us to Boyd and Erica… it looked like a hand print made by a tight grip.

“I don’t see anything.” Derek said. He wasn’t all that amused. He was standing in front of Lydia and Allison with his arms crossed over his chest. “How is a bruise meant to tell me where Boyd and Erica are?”

“It’s the same on both sides, exactly the same.” Scott said.

“It’s nothing.” Derek appeared to be glaring at Lydia and Allison. You could say they weren’t in his good books.

“They’re trying to help.”

“These two? This one…” Derek said pointing to Lydia, “who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank-you.” He said sarcastically, “And this one…” Derek turned to Allison, “who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack.”

“Okay, look, no one died. There may have been a little maiming, a little mangling, but no death.” Stiles said from next to me as he leaned on one of the tables. “That’s what I call important distinction.”

“My mother died.” Allison said in a small voice, directed at Derek.

“Your families little honour code killed your mother, not me.” Derek said. Scott still hadn’t told Allison what really happened that night. That Derek actually saved Scott from Allison’s mum and bit Victoria in self-defence.

“That girl was looking for Scott. I’m here to help him, not you.” Allison said.

“You wanna help? Find something real.” Derek said before turning to walk out, but stopped and turned around when Scott and I started following.

“Give them a chance. They’re on our side now.” Scott said, in a low voice so the others couldn’t hear.

“Yeah, well maybe you should tell her what her mother was really trying to do that night.” Derek snapped back, growing impatient. Derek then left and I followed.

“What if it does mean something?” I asked running up beside him.

“It’s a bruise.”

“I know, I didn’t see anything either, but it was the same girl that saved Isaac. She would have to know where they are and if she knew about werewolves maybe she was supernatural or like Deaton.” I said.

“No, each pack has one emissary and the emissaries don’t turn on their pack. If she was one then she would have to be the alphas so she wouldn’t have helped Isaac.” Derek explained. He’d now calmed down from earlier.

“Okay, well then could she’ve been another werewolf?”

“If she was anything supernatural Isaac would’ve sensed it.”

“Isaac was half unconscious and it took me a good 15 minutes to realize Aiden was an alpha the other day after I ran into him and I was wide awake.”

“Wait, what?” Derek stopped walking and spun around to face me. We were now at the bottom of the staircase to the main entrance of the school.

“Oh, did I forget to mention that?” Derek raised both eyebrows, saying a silent yes. “Well… It was the first day of school and I was running late to English, you know the class where all the crows smashed through the windows, and I ran straight into him. It was only after I got to English that I realized what he was. Did I really not tell you this?”

“No. You didn’t. Maybe you should stay home.”

“Oh no, no, no. You are not playing that card. You wanted me here, now I’m here. You can play protective boyfriend after school.” I said, placing my arms around his neck.

Derek sighed in defeat, “Okay, fine. I’ll pick you up after school.” He leant down and gave me a sweet kiss, “Just stay close to Scott.” He said before walking back to his car.

I turned around and walked back up the stairs and was met my Stiles. “Really?” He asked, clearly still not approving.

“What are you my big brother?” I said, linking one arm through his and leading him down the hallway.

“Might as well be, but he… scares me.” Stiles admitted and I couldn’t help laughing.

“Then be thankful he’s on our side. Can you please just pretend to be happy for me?” I gave him the best puppy dog eyes I could muster, which worked.

“Argh, I banned you from doing that last year.”

“I never do as I’m told, you know that. You were the bad influence, remember?”

A.N. I have written Anna's hallucination scene from 'Motel California' and the final chapter. I can tell you that you will find out what Anna's eyes mean this book BUT it is in the last chapter and book three will dive deeper into it. :)