Chapter Four: Sunday Evening

Start from the beginning

I know you've never loved
The sound of your voice on tape
You never want
To know how much you weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true
It's you,
It's you they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things

You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you
And you'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to.
If I let you know I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh.

And I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth
'Cause it's you,
Oh, it's you,
It's you they add up to
And I'm in love with you
And all these little things

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true
It's you,
It's you they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all your little things"

I think I've been clear about my personal attraction to One Direction isn't strong, but I do like this song. It's a slower song, and the words are just beautiful. A love song is all it is to most people but if someone where to sing this to my in attempt to win my heart, it would work. Well, maybe not Gale. I know my mother will be on my to see Gale again but I just don't want to. As I make my way back towards my house, I pass a group of bunnies, sitting around what looks like some vegetables and are eating. Even animals can be together as a family better than my family can. So I walk out of the forest to see the sun is almost fully set. I imagine Peeta watching the same sunset with the mix of colors. If he likes to paint, I bet that would be something he would like to paint. So I walk into the house where the rest of my family sit in the living room, all of them snapping their heads to look at me.
"We weren't sure if you were coming back." My dad says "Almost sent someone to look for you."
"No, I came back. I always do." I sit in the rocking chair.
"Katniss dear, Are you sure you are alright?" My mother asks.
"Yes, why wouldn't I be?"
"Your leg is shaking like crazy." I hadn't even noticed. I stop my leg at once.
"I'm okay. Maybe I had a little to much coffee." I laugh, trying to hide the shaking in my voice.
"Well, alright. I think I'm about ready to go to bed. See you all in the morning." She stands up and walks to the staircase. Prim and my dad stay in the room, Prim actually reading a book. She is reading the novel "Fahrenheit 451." I have read that a million times. We don't have many books in our house so I reread things a lot. This novel, by Ray Bradbury, isn't what I expect her to see. She likes science fiction and romance. "Fahrenheit 451" Is science fiction, but not romantic.
"How are you liking that novel Prim?" I ask and she looks away from her page.
"It's fine. Not my usual read but it is interesting."
"What do you like most about it?"
"Well, the fact that it was written in the 1940's, based on the future, and a lot of what he has written is relatable to our present. Almost like he knew what was going to happen." I've thought of that before. In the story, everyone works at such a fast pace. They don't stop to think about things, they just do them. And they are very dependent on electronics. And just by looking at Prim, myself sometimes, he has written it almost accurate.
"I agree. I'm glad you were able to figure that out." She smiles and then goes back to reading. But my father stops her before she can get far.
"Prim, why don't you go up to your room and read." He says. She only nods, and walks upstairs. He usually doesn't send Prim to her room so I need to get out of here as soon as possible. Because it can only mean trouble.
"I think I'm going to bed as well." I start to stand up.
"I was hoping we could talk for awhile Katniss." I sit back down.
"About?"
"Oh, nothing specific. We just don't talk as often as we used to." He says, setting down his own novel.
"Well I'm not a little kid anymore."
"I know. And it upsets me to think about that. That you aren't my little kitty kat anymore." He sighs.
"Yeah? You weren't around much when I was a child anyways."
"And I'm sorry for that. But if I didn't work hard when you were a kid I wouldn't be able to stay home as often as I do now."
"Even that's not much!" I exclaim, "You still leave every month for business trips and you are in the office almost every other day."
"Katniss I'm just making a living for us."
"No, you're making a living for you." I stand up, wanting to leave.
"And then where would you be? You wouldn't have this house to live in." He yells after me.
"I would rather live in a shack and had my parents growing up than grow up the way I did." I snap back.
"I know what it's like to grow up poor Katniss. I didn't want you to have the life I did. I did it because I love you, your sister, and your mother! " He says and this makes me turn around.
"What did you say when you got married dad? 'For rich or for poor' If mom only wanted you for your money than she didn't really love you." I can't stand it anymore and I go upstairs before he can say anything else. I don't fight with my dad and I really do love him, but sometimes the things he says just really gets me mad. I know I can go to him for advice all the time; he is great with it. But I know I won't be able to take back the things I just said to him. Hopefully, he can forgive and forget as easy as I do. I wish I had someone to talk to at times like these. But Finnick and Annie are gone, I don't want to tell Gale about this, and Peeta is a forbidden friend. In my room, I shower and change into a nightgown before going to the balcony. The stars are out, the sky is dark, and the moon is shining bright. A light summer breeze has blows and sends chills through my body. My hair is drying in their natural curls and my nightgown blows behind me. Then I think of Peeta seeing the same night sky that I am. That he really isn't that far from me. If I could only talk to him right now, I would feel better. If he were here with me and we could have another conversation where I'm not treated like a child, it would make this day better. But he isn't, and I won't see him until tomorrow at 3 p.m.
"Goodnight Peeta." I say into the night, knowing he won't hear me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How did you enjoy this chapter? :)

If you like One Direction fan fiction, I don't read One Direction fan fiction but my friend @Kelly_Byrne has a really good story! And I love it! It doesn't even seem like a fan fiction! It is amazing so please check it out! :D

So share your thoughts on this chapter and I will try to update soon! I actually work tomorrow night and I have church Wednesday, nothing Thursday and work Friday! And babysitting Saturday, more church Sunday and holy cow! I may never update again! :o

JK! I'll update :) So tell me what you thought!

LOVE YOU ALL! <3