7. there was a shift

I wish... she had never been a step ahead of me.

Because of that, she graduated high school and went into college before I did. I couldn't even bring up the idea of waiting a year for me, I can't. 

I couldn't.

I wasn't even the best student, so what would've happened if I failed that year? Have her wait for me again?

She would've done waited for me too if I had brought it up. She would've said, "Ah, that's fine. I can work to get money to help pay for tuition" or something like that. I knew her.

That's why I didn't say anything of it.

I wasn't going to make myself seem pathetic asking her to do that. That would be too selfish for me to do when I knew how much she wanted to start college. She had her own dreams.

So, she got accepted into this university she really liked. She wanted to be a film major.. She was really set on it, and I believed in her. I knew she could do it, she always had a special eye for aesthetics. She always had an imaginative and creative mind. It'd work out for her. She'd become an award-winning director someday.

I planned to applying to the same college when I graduated. We can be together again once my year of high school was over. And when I get to college... I wanted to confess.

Donghyuck kept pushing me to do so for the past year. He wanted me to do it before she graduated high school but I chickened out. Then we agreed I should do it when we're in college together.

I would've done it.

But... figures that she never had the same kind of feelings for me.

Before I knew it, out of the blue, I got texts of Gayoung gushing about a cute boy in her History class while I was still in dumb high school classes. 

Unfortunately, he liked her too.