P A R T 1

A/n: warning right now, this story WILL contain some "sensitive, mature" themes. Very angsty.

So if that's not something you're comfortable with, I recommend you don't continue reading.

But if you're okay with that, then happy(kind of) reading!

A young man, hair bleached to a vibrant blond, his slim body incased in a oversized black hoodie, and chunky headphones around his neck, sat aimlessly in the all too quiet studio. A guitar rested against his stomach, his hands along its strings itching to play a tune.

Only moments ago, he was doing paperwork for the music company as he was a mere intern who needs to work his way up if he were to become a full-time composer. However, after long strenuous hours of eyes scanning typed black and white pages, he had become disgusted of it. He thought that playing a bit of his guitar could somehow lift his melancholy, bored spirits, a kind of break to refresh his tired mind.

Anything could've been played on that guitar, a song he liked, and new song to create, anything... but he had to stop himself every time. Because every time he began strumming along those strings, he comes to realization that he was playing one of her favorite songs. And before he knew it, flashes of her toothy smile, remnants of her melodious laugh occupied his mind. Sweet memories replayed like a broken record.

He had to stop.

So he hadn't moved in the past fifteen minutes, his only main focus the hands of the clock that hung on the wall above him.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't completely silent in that room. The ticking of the clock was the only thing to let him know he was... alive... maybe.

His mind was constantly flooded and he was slowly getting a little too stressed with his internship and school filling his schedule. It comes to a point that he would have to excuse himself so he could take a breather... or scream in frustration or completely break down.

A sigh escaped his chapped lips.

Hopefully, all these running emotions will be settled soon. Not guaranteed, but it was worth the shot, wasn't it? He was willing to try anything at this point.

More so with the particular day coming up so quickly.

Just as much as his mind raced with the thought, so did his heart.

It ached.

Knock, knock, knock.

Mark peered over at the closed door, snapping back into reality. With a gulp, he pushed away his nervousness and scrambled out his chair to reach towards the handle.

It was finally time.