IV

((THANK YOU GUYS FOR 100reads already!! Mucho appreciation.

Wait to start song! Song is Take You Away by Angus and Julia Stone.))

I fell asleep quickly last night, Josh's little 'show me around Columbus' really wore me out. It was probably the best sleep I've gotten in quite some time. I shut my blaring alarm off and dragged myself out of bed. I rubbed at my eyes tired as I yawned and went to the bathroom to handle my morning business. I.e brush my teeth and hair. I showered last night so thankfully I didn't need to this morning.

After finishing up, I went back to my room to pick out an outfit and get my school bag. I could hear loud footsteps downstairs signaling that my father was awake and leaving for work soon. I'd stay up here until he leaves. Which is usually what I did back in Rhode Island, too. Avoidance was something I was good at when it came to him.

I noticed there's been some tension between my parents lately, but I figured it's due to the stress of moving. It's been a little over a week and I guess they're still just settling in and they probably have to deal with all that adult stuff. Luckily, I'm 17 so I don't have to quite worry about that yet. Even though my dad says I'm lazy for not having a new job yet since moving here. Eh, it's only been a week.

Since I was finished with getting ready, I sat on my bed waiting to hear my father officially leave the house. For some reason I had an urge to check out my window, so I did. I pulled the blinds back and almost choked on laughter. Josh had taped a piece of paper to his window that read 'Good Morning Taylor."

Taylor Swift strikes back.

I quickly wrote something on a piece of paper which I am now keeping a stack of on my desk next to my piano. I couldn't come up with anything clever so I wrote 'Good Morning Joshy' on it. I wasn't sure if he'd see it or not, but I put it in the window nonetheless.

I sat back down on my bed and put my headphones in to listen to music for at least the next half hour before walking to school.

I kept hearing small noises here and there and I figured it was just Zach or my mom downstairs getting ready, but it was more rhythmic and sounded closer than something from downstairs. I furrowed my brows in confusion as I pulled a headphone out to listen. It was coming from my window.

I reopened the blinds to see Josh with his window open and he had something in his hand. I laughed shaking my head taking the sign out of my window and opened it. "What are you doing?" I laughed.

"Uhh, I had old gummy worms that are hard as rock and I had to get rid of them somehow. Your light was on, so I figured it'd be my distress call." he shrugged setting the bag down.

"Again, texting is a great form of communication." I giggled as I leaned against the window frame. "Nice sign by the way."

"Thanks. I worked really hard on it." he smirked which earned an eyeroll from me.

"Tyler!!!" I heard Zach call out. I held a finger out for Josh.

"What?!" I called back. I didn't get a response.

Then my room door slammed open and in came Zach. "Oh, you're up... What the hell are you doing?"

"Talking to Josh." I said gesturing to Josh who waved like a dork.

"Ohhh. Okay. Mom had me come up to make sure you're awake since you're usually downstairs by now." he shrugged. "Have you noticed how uptight she's been lately? She already left for work and that's unusual for her.. She was acting like dad this morning." he said in a hushed tone.

"She's probably just stressed Zach. You know how much she works and moving probably has her on edge. She'll come back around in due time." I tried to reassure him.