Fits and Starts

This is a collection of short stories and bits of longer stories I haven't finished yet.

Contents:

Part 1: Table of Contents with descriptions

Part 2: The Crossroads

(Dark Fantasy)

Mary is a skeptic. When her three year old son, Carter, is diagnosed with a terminal illness, she finds that there is nowhere left to turn for help except the stories she grew up on.

This was originally intended as a prologue to a novel, but I'm not sure I want to write the whole thing.

Part 3: Fates and Fortune

(Light-Hearted Fantasy)

Anne is a nursing assistant at St. Benedict's Home for the Elderly and Infirm. When a patient dies, she recieves a mysterious inheritance.

This grew into a larger story than I intended. It started as a writing exercise. I was experimenting with first person, present tense. It's a little rough.

Part 4: Hope's Remains

(Fantasy)

Marcus, Brandon, and Jane seek a way to defeat a deadly kitsune. A peek into the future of the characters from my novels.

Part 5: Carter and the Baby Sitter

(Fantasy)

A follow up to The Crossroads. A glimpse into the life of Carter, a little boy with Lucifer as his guardian angel.

Part 6: Lost and Found

(Dark Drama)

A story about a family dealing with addiction.

Part 7: The Drowned City

(Dystopian Future)

Claire was always a good, law-abiding citizen, until her lover was accused of political crimes and taken away permanently. Her association with him destroyed her status and left her scarred and alone. Forced into a hopeless existence, she makes a desperate choice that leads to an unexpected discovery.

Part of an ongoing tale that isn't long enough to be a novel just yet.

In The Works:
Wings
Two Muses and a Monkey
Scents From a Dream
Death In Absentia
Stuff I haven't even thought of yet