Chapter Nine: Hospitalized again?

Derek scuffed, "What are you talking about" he asked, his voice gruff from anger and the transformation.

"I'm going to find Josie, that's a promise" Nigel said and slowly let his face morph from monstrous back to angelic. "Her finally fate will be decided by you" he said with a small nod. "I do my research, that's ways the best way to get the best most satisfying revenge. "I heard about the whole connection thing, and that's why you're helping the women who tried to kill you just six weeks ago. I prose that I won't kill her, just keep her captive much like she was in Echin house. Only with me there will be daily torture dueled out." he said and took one step towards Derek and extended a hand, "What do ya say mate, we have a deal?"

"Why'd you let her go if this was your plan along?" Derek asked suspiciously, knowing that he shouldn't trust this guy. There was nothing behind his eyes, no real emotions nothing that suggested he had any sort of morals or standards. "Why the games?"

"Well the games are the best part" Nigel said with a chillingly cold smile, "And my game isn't over yet and unfortunately you and your pet will only get in the way. So either get out willing and take my offer or I'll forcefully remove you, and your pathetic pet" he said with a dismissive wave of his hand.

Derek took a step back as he thought over everything, their involvement in this could be over now. Though how he he trust that he wouldn't just kill Josie anyway. Honestly neither option seemed very appealing to him, but even as he thought he knew which one he was going to pick. She'd come back for him, she didn't have to do that, she'd been free. Of course he knew they were purely selfish reason but just the same she probably saved Stiles' life. Least he'd have more control this way, more information to go off of. "Sorry, but no deal. You're worse than she could ever be and if I can't trust her then I certainly can't trust you"

"You'll come to regret that decision mate" Nigel said with a small nod and then just seconds later he was gone with only a broken way as evidence of him being there.

****

"Why'd you come back?" Derek asked after almost ten minutes of awkward silence. They were both sitting in the waiting room of the hospital hoping for good new from the doctors about Stiles soon.

Josie sighed, "Knew if he died then I'd be alone in this. That's you'd probably just end up killing me yourself. This way at least you're on my side" she said and glanced over at him. "Did you expect anything different?"

"No not really" Derek muttered and ran his fingers through his hair. "And you're not wrong, would have killed you" he said and met her stare. "Don't think I forgot what you did to Cora, I will get you back for that. Count on it" he said.

Josie gave an awkward half laugh, "Yeah, I expected as much" she said and looked away, just staring down the hallway. "But you're still a better option than Nigel"

"I wouldn't be so sure of them" Derek muttered before standing up and walking over to the doctor who was approaching them. "Is he going to be okay?" he asked.

The doctor nodded slightly, "Yeah, he's going to be fine. A minor concussion and a few cuts and bruises. As soon as he wakes up you can take him home. You can go in and sit with him now" he said before walking off to check on other patients.