Selfish ↠ Tsukishima Kei

Start from the beginning

I narrow my eyes at him. "But?"

"You might have to share a table with another customer later in the case we run out of empty tables. Sorry," He looks around behind him with a forced chuckle.

"I mean, I think it'll take a while before rush hour gets bad, but-" I cut him off before he can say anything else, feeling slight amused.

"It's fine. I'll just finish this stupid report before that time comes," I let out a small laugh, before handing him some spare change.

The cashier looks positively delighted at the tip, and despite the mediocre amount, he grins.

"Sorry I don't have much money right now. I had to buy some materials for a project," I say to him.

He shakes his head. "Thanks, (F/N). I hope today turns out better for you," he grins before returning to his post.

When he leaves, I turn gloomy again at the thought of finishing my report. I almost reached the page minimum of 10, just a paragraph more to go.

I take a small sip from my drink, before typing away on my laptop. I had to make it quick- finish it, email it to my Professor, and then go to printing services in the university to have it printed. Afterwards, rush to my first class at least five minutes before it starts.

Doing that was harder than it seemed.

When I'm finished emailing the report, I realise that nearly 20 minutes had passed. My drink was practically untouched, and that if I didn't leave the coffee shop now, there was a chance I'd be late to class.

Unplugging my charger from the socket (when did I get the time to even plug it in?), I begin to hastily pack my things.

Whilst doing that, I can see from the corner of my eye that someone was standing in front my table.

Completely forgetting my manners, I huff. "Did you need something?" I ask impatiently, not even sparing him a glance.

He clucks his tongue. "No need to be so rude, your Highness. I just wanted to know if this seat was empty."

I slowly look up at him. "Well I was just leaving, so it's all yours."

When I lock eyes with him, he seems utterly shocked for a second, before asking quietly.

"Do you see it too? The colours?" I close my eyes for a second, and as I open them up, I proceed to look around me. My eyes widening, I shoot him a smile.

"It's amazing, right?"

I pull him into a hug, and while he stiffens at first, he allows himself to relax. "Hello, soulmate. I'm (L/N) (F/N), I'm a university student. And you?"

He releases himself from the hug, and I find myself amused that his ears turned a darker hue. "Tsukishima Kei, also in university. Don't expect me to be all lovey-dovey though, your Highness. I'm not like that."

I let out a chuckle. "That's fine by me, though I'd like to think the nickname says otherwise. Anyway, I should get going. I'll be late to class. Let's meet tomorrow, same time as now?"

The megane nods, and I run away from the coffee shop.

---

Horrible. I felt absolutely horrible.

I barely pay attention to what the professor is saying, as I get lost in my thoughts. Tsukishima occupied my thoughts, and though that was understandable, another thing kept me feeling frustrated.

I close my eyes for a brief moment and then open them again. To no avail, it stays the same.

Where were the beautiful colours I was supposed to see?