Sad Eyes ↠ Kuroo Tetsurou

(The first time he saw you was when he, Akaashi, and Bokuto were over at Tsukishima's apartment.)

All of them were celebrating their friend's first year in college. That friend was Tsukishima Kei.

Kuroo was the first to arrive since his university was the closest to Tsukishima's place. He had told Kenma that he might not be coming back to their apartment until tomorrow, depending on how late the meet up would end. Said best friend just nodded as he resumed his game. 

"Don't forget the food you're supposed to bring, Tetsurou. Tsukishima will get mad at you again." Was the only thing Kenma told him.

"Ahh, nice place you got here, Tsukishima. It looks so neat and comfy." Kuroo says as he makes himself comfortable on the plush couch. 

"My god! Your couch is comfy too, megane-chan!"

Tsukishima only sighed, trying to ignore the nickname he was given. "Probably because Tadashi chose it. He stays in the living room a lot, so he probably wanted to be comfy."

The black-haired man raised his head to look at the blond. "Speaking of your best friend or boyfriend or friends with benefits or whatever he really is to you, where's Yamaguchi?" 

Tsukishima didn't even look up from his phone when he answered Kuroo. "He went to visit his parents yesterday and should be back later at night, Kuroo-kun. Also, it's best friend."

Kuroo tsked a bit. "Wow, I've known you for over 3 years, and yet you still call me by my last name, and use honorifics. Rude."

Tsukishima retorted. "Oi, you call me by my last name too. Besides, I've known Tadashi way longer than you."

The two continued their little chatting, until the doorbell rang around 7 pm, with Akaashi and Bokuto standing outside. Bokuto had his usual happy grin, while Akaashi had a faint smile. "Yo, Tsukki! We're finally here!" Tsukishima slightly scowled at the spiky-haired man.

"It's either Tsukishima or Kei, Owl Eyes." His insult towards Bokuto wasn't as heartfelt as it used to be. It had some fondness underlying in it. 

"You're still Tsukki to me, Tsu- KUBRO." Bokuto then proceeded to go to Kuroo, as they bonded. 

"YO! BROKUTO!"

Akaashi groaned at the two of them fooling about as though they were still teenagers. He then turned to the host. "Sorry for being late. We were only supposed to bring pizza and chips, but Koutarou-kun insisted we bake you some strawberry shortcake, considering it's your favourite. We- he messed up the first time, so that's why we were delayed."

Tsukishima felt a smile grace on his lips for a split second, and he was rather grateful that it was Akaashi who saw it and not Bokuto and Kuroo, both of whom would tease him for it. "It's okay, I just finished cooking, and reheating the food Yamaguchi made anyway. Thanks for the food, you can place it on the table."

---

The quartet was done eating dinner around 9 pm, but they continued to chat. Bokuto and Kuroo were obviously the chattiest ones, talking all about crazy parties and complaining about projects. Akaashi would point out the foolish things Kuroo or Bokuto would do, and Tsukishima would tease them all, occasionally talking about Yamaguchi and the others in his year.

They were all having fun, and then Tsukishima's doorbell rang. "Tsukki! Kei! Tsukki!" The voice called out, and Kuroo could've sworn it sounded panicked. Kuroo looked as Tsukishima stood up to open the door.