52 - Keep Holding On

Start from the beginning

"I know you wanted to do this alone but I'll make you a deal." He whispered against my lips.

"What's the deal?" I asked as I smiled at him.

"You can have tonight to do what you need to do alone and then I'll come back tomorrow so that I can be with you for the reading."

I smiled as I leaned down to kiss him on the lips, "Sounds like the perfect plan." I whispered back before kissing him softly against his lips.

"Perfect." He said as I took a step back to let him turn the bike on. I always loved the sound of his bike and the way it rumbled when it would get switched on.

"Promise you'll call me if you need anything. I'll be here in under 2 hours." He said before winking at me as he mimicked my words.

I let out a chuckle as I nodded my head, "I will I promise but it's not worth the loss of license."

"You're always worth it." He said before laughing when I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Love you babe." He said as he began to reverse out.

"Love you too." I said before taking a step back as I watched him reverse out. I wanted to scream out to him to stay, something kept telling me to keep him here but I couldn't. I needed this alone time. I smiled and waved at him as I watched him drive away.

* * *

It's been two maybe three hours since Jaxon had left, turns out whoever smashed his car was smart enough to hide their faces, so unfortunately this person was able to get away with such an ugly crime. As soon as Jaxon had left I got straight into packing my things that I had abandoned all those months ago. I had three piles forming, things I was keeping, throwing and donating. Most of the stuff I was throwing out were things that reminded me of Noah or any gifts that he had gotten me when we were dating. Just looking at them made me want to vomit, it also reminded me how glad I was that he was locked up. I looked around my room, proud that I managed to accomplish a clean out this quick. I left all my furniture in my room having decided to sell them.

I took a deep breath when I saw the door to my mum and Henry's room, knowing that I had to go through it but was also dreading the idea. First thing was first, I grabbed all of Henry's items and put it straight into the garbage bins at the back. Once they were done, I instantly felt comfortable. I didn't bother locking the back door because I knew there were other things I had to throw out.

My eyes began to water when I started to go through mums clothes, freezing when I saw my mums wedding dress in the cupboard. I knew this was the one she wore with Dad because I don't remember her wearing such an extravagant dress for Henry. I held onto the dress as I fell to the fall, crying out loud as I thought about how my mum wouldn't be there for my wedding one day. I knew this was one item I was going to cherish and take home with me.

I let out a sigh once I had finished going through mums clothes, donating most of them except a few scarves and cardigans that I could give to Alena. I knew she'd want something that would remind her of Mum. I looked at the time, surprised that it was only 1pm, it felt like I've been here for hours but having to remind myself that Jaxon had left around 9am. I was almost done with mums belongings, I decided to keep all of her jewellery and photo albums of us I didn't know we had. I didn't go through them because I wanted it to be with Alena.

I was about to leave until I remembered the letters Mum was talking about. I found every single one. I found the majority that were hidden and then the four that were separated from the pile and into the safe. I looked at the front and back and noticed the handwriting. They all had dad's contact details and address on them. With them in hand I took them downstairs to the keep pile. I couldn't resist though, with one in hand I sat on the floor as I began to read it. I flicked through it and noticed all he wanted was for us to be with him. He had given all his details to us, phone, address, where he worked. He was doing nothing but begging for us to leave. I couldn't handle reading another one but made a promise to read them with Alena one day.

I decided I wanted to procrastinate for a bit because I didn't have much left to go and I was getting emotionally tired. I looked over the Keep pile and my eyes landed on the photo albums that I had grabbed earlier. I couldn't resist as I grabbed one and started to flick through it. My eyes began to water when I saw my mums infectious smile in all of them. I remember these photos, most of them were always taken during her "clean out" phase. We never took photos when she was back on the drugs. I slammed the photo album shut when I couldn't handle seeing her face. I let out a shaky sigh before getting up and storming out to the backyard to calm myself down.

As much as I hated this backyard, I knew it was her favourite place to escape. Plus I had no intention of running through this forest back here. I looked up at the sky wondering if my mum was watching down on me.

'Mum, please get me through this weekend.' I prayed internally.

Despite trying to make myself feel better, something in my gut told me that this was going to be a long weekend.

* * *

A/N: Hi my Bella's! How has your new year been so far?! I hope you liked the chapter, if you did give it a like xx

Next Chapter: Avery gets more than she bargained for on this trip.