52 - Keep Holding On

Start from the beginning

"You're up early." I said as we sat down at the table.

"Well, I got hungry this morning. Saw that there was no food in the house so I thought I'd go buy some supplies for us. I also got you some stuff to survive on while I'm gone."

"You're the perfect boyfriend." I said as I smiled at him.

"Tell me something I don't know." He whispered dramatically before winking at me.

We spent the morning in blissful silence as we ate breakfast together, knowing that he was going to leave soon. We decided to sit out the back and just enjoy the scenery. Deep down I didn't want him to leave but I couldn't complain though because I knew this was for the best. I needed to go through my mums belongings alone and without any distractions.

"This backyard is insane. Who knew behind this house all you have is land and forest. Explains why I didn't see any nearby neighbours." He said

I shrugged my shoulders as I looked at the forest, "My Mum has always wanted large land to escape from everyone. The back forest was what won her over."

"It's beautiful."

"Eh, it's creepy for me." I said as I shivered at the idea of being out here lost at night.

After our breakfast we cleaned up after ourselves before deciding to lay on the couch in each other's arms. We decided to relax and enjoy the day together before he had to go. The relaxation was cut short when his phone rang.

"Hey, ma." He said as he sat up right.

I watched as anger washed over his face, "What?! Are you kidding me!"

"What happened?" I whispered, not wanting to interrupt or poke the bear.

"Fuck! Ok, I'm on my way home. I won't be long." He said as he hung up.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Mum got home and saw my car windows smashed. All of them."

My eyes widened in shock, who would want to do something like this? Did he have any enemies that I didn't know about?

"Do we know who did it?" I asked.

"Nah, I'll check the security cameras when I get home but I need to file a police report first." He said as his jaws began to clench.

"Go home and sort it out I'll be fine." I said as I rubbed his arm softly.

"I can't just leave you though." He whispered.

"You can and will. I'll be fine. Get this sorted out and then come back to me." 

He let out a sigh, "Are you sure?"

I rubbed his back in comfort, "Yes. Go and I'll see you soon."

After hearing the news, we both got ready for the day. It was fun but as always, good things always come to an end. We walked hand in hand to his bike, it was a bitter sweet moment. I knew he had to go but I also wanted him to stay this weekend with me. He sat down on the seat before pulling me closer to him and kissing me.