Chapter 2

"Diamond getcho ass up! You gotta go to school!" I heard Mama call from downstairs.

I rolled over in my brick hard, twin bed and glanced at the dusty, old clock on the night stand that said 7:16. It was then that I realized that school started at 7:30 and there was no doubt that I was gonna be late.

I sprung up out of bed and rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. I twisted the bathroom door knob, but it wouldn't budge. It was locked.

"Antice hurry up, I gotta take a shower!" I yelled.

"No! You gonna wait!" she yelled back.

"Come on! I'm gonna be late to school!"

"No one told ya stupid ass to wake up late!"

"Mama woke me up late!" I said as she swung the door open.

"Shut the hell up." She said, rolling her eyes, then walking downstairs.

Paying her no mind, I rushed into the bathroom and got ready for school. Twenty minutes later, I was finally ready for school. I had threw on some blue jeans, a black t-shirt, and some old, black flats. That's pretty much most of my wardrobe, since I can't afford anymore clothes. I let my wet wavy hair hang down my back. My hair was the one thing I truly and only liked about myself. It was beautiful, dark brown, and long. I grabbed my black Jansport bookbag that I had since the 6th grade and was ready to go.

I rushed out the door and power-walked to school. As I reach the huge building, I notice that no one's hanging out outside. Class has already started. I calmly walked inside and headed to the attendance office to get a late pass. On my way there, I saw a couple of students just hanging around the hallways, skipping first period.

After I got my late pass a few minutes later, I entered into my first period class. English.

"Ms. Bailey, you're late." Mr. Ray said as I walked to my seat in the back of the class.

"Sorry Mr. Ray." I said, with a light smile.

Mr. Ray was the most sexiest teacher I had ever seen in my life. He was tall, dark-skinned and very muscular. It was easy to see his muscles through every shirt he had worn. That's the main reason why I loved English.

I sat down at my desk, next to my bestfriend Desireè.

"Hey girl! Why you so late? Had a long night or somethin'?" Des said, smiling.

Remembering the events of last night, I sighed to myself. But I wasn't gonna bother to tell Des the whole story. "Nah, my mother woke me up late." I said simply.

"Oh, well we sitting with Bry and Dave at lunch today." she added.

"Ugh, why?" I asked, annoyed. I was cool with Bryson and his boy Dave, but Antice goes out with Dave, and I know she always sits with him at lunch. I don't have time to put up with her stank ass. I already deal with it at home.

"Because, it's boring when it's just the two of us at lunch together. And plus, Bry wanted me to come sit with him at lunch today." She said, blushing.

Desireè and Bryson had been talking here and there, so I guess they're taking it to another level by being at lunch together. I would just tell her to go sit with him, but it would feel too awkward sitting at lunch by myself. I huffed and puffed.

"Okay, Desireè."

"Yayy!" she cheered as the bell finally rang to end first period.

Before I knew it, it was lunch and I was on my way to the cafeteria, ready to be annoyed by my sister, Antice. As I walked in, I noticed Des and Bry sitting at an empty lunch table flirting. I rolled my eyes, took a deep breathe, and approached the table.

The two were so focused on each other, that they didn't even notice me approach the table. I slammed the books that I held in my hands down on the table to catch their attention. Des jumped in her seat as Bry looked up at me calmly.

"Hey, Lil D." Bry said, smiling warmly.

"Hey Best." Des said, trying not to seem too excited, to look cute in front of Bry.

"Hey ya." I said, sitting down across from them.

"You good Lil D?" Bry asked concerned.

"Yeah." I said simply.

A few minutes later, Antice and Dave reached the table, holding hands. As soon as Antice noticed me sitting at the table, she rolled her eyes. Here we go.

-----------------------------------------------

I just posted an excerpt of my upcoming story: Twins & Thugs. Check it out! Share with your friends if you like it. :)