Keep You With Me (Harry Styles)

Start from the beginning

Anna

I'm thinking of moving to the states.

Anna

I'd have to leave you though.

Anna

But what does that matter? You haven't even read my emails. I'm going to a party with Layla. Bye.

Anna

I won't be there when you get home. And don't come find me.

Mum

I hope you're okay. Can't wait to meet this new girlfriend. x

Harry could feel tears rolling down his cheeks. He'd promised himself that he'd check his emails every night but he'd  never bothered. And he lost Anna.

"Haz?"

Harry turned to a concerned looking Louis. He didn't bother to speak, instead clicking on the first message and handing the laptop to Louis. He read the messages for what felt, to Harry, as the longest possible time before turning back to face his best mate.

"Sorry mate. I thought Anna realised our lives are a bit hectic."

"How many times have you spoken to Eleanor?"

"Anytime I could get a minute."

"I haven't spoken to Anna since we left England."

"Oh. Well, I'm still sorry."

Harry began typing out a new email.

I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I was so caught up that I didn't even think enough about you to write some emails. Please let me come find you. I won't hurt you again.

He pressed send and began to listen to Hot Chelle Rae. He was almost asleep when he heard his email beep.

Anna

Give me one good reason why I should let you come find me.

Because I always win hide and seek.

Anna

It's not a good one but it's a reason. I'll be there but you won't have long.

Harry suddenly realised the plane was getting ready to land and so readied himself for an argument. He knew better than to expect Anna to get on with things. She wasn't stupid and she knew when to get rid of toxic guys. He wearily slipped off the plane and soon found the brown eyes he was looking for.

"Who needs chocolate when they can look at those eyes."

"Harry, I don't want lines. I want to know why you never emailed."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what to say."

"What?"

"I thought you'd want an essay and I didn't know what to say."

"Just say you love me and you miss me and answer any question I ask you. That's all I want. Now, let's go meet your mum."

Anna practically dragged Harry to the train. She seemed like old Anna. The Anna that loved him and wanted to be with him. The Anna that he couldn't live without.

"Did you talk to anyone on tour?"

"Louis?"

"Harry."

"No. Just the boys and the people around us. Oh, and Eleanor when Louis was on the phone to her. And Danielle. And Greg. And Zayn's mum, I think. And Gemma. And Leona."

Harry regretted the word as soon as it came out of his mouth.

"Leona? As in, Leona that kept flirting with you when you met her? As in, my cousin, Leona?"

"Yeah.........."

"Harry, I'm your girlfriend."

"I'm sorry! She phoned me."

"I phoned you! Almost everyday until I decided it was over. How many times did she call you?"

"Once........"

"Good to know. Excuse me."

Anna ran off to the bathroom, leaving Harry to stare at the tear droplet on the table. He knew it was wrong but it was easy to talk to Leona. He always wanted to be perfect for Anna. Leona was just a girl that threw herself at guys. Not someone that he wanted anything to do with. He pulled out his phone and rang the only person that he thought could help.

"Hello?"

"Save me Please."

"What's going on?"

"Tell her I love her."

Anna sat down opposite him and took the phone that he was patiently holding out to her.

"Hello? Oh, hi. Yeah. Alright. Bye."

"I'm sorry."

"You're a dingbat."

"What?"

"That's what Liam told me to say. I love you, Harry. But you have to show me love too. It works both ways."

"I love you too and I’m sorry. Clean start?"

"Clean start. Did you know that sheep look like clouds?"

"They do, don't they?"

"Except when the cloud, like that one, looks like something special."

"What's so special about that one? It looks like a.................Doc Marten. I can't believe you remember that."

"You did looked pretty stupid in them. I looked cool."

"You looked beautiful."