eleven

"When do you get to leave? School is boring without you," Lukas mumbles, his fingers mindlessly twirling Philip's hair

"I dunno. Soon, hopefully," the shorter boy huffs, his arms crossed. He was pouting and his head was rested against the blonds chest.

He was much better now. Able to walk and talk and finally breathe properly. It wouldn't be long until he was allowed to leave. The only thing holding Philip back was the medication he had to finish.

The hospital wasn't all bad though, as he had company most of the time. His mother was even allowed to see him a few times, which made Philip extremely happy.

Everyone knew about Philip and Lukas at this point, and no one honestly really cared. Or if they did they didn't say anything about it.

"I don't want to go to school, man," Lukas groans, squeezing Philip and making him laugh. Then, on a more serious note, Lukas adds, "When are you going to tell me what happened?"

Philip frowns, looking down at his hands and not responding for a moment. "Im not going to tell you. I'm not going to tell anyone."

"What do you mean? You haven't told Helen yet?" the blond asks cautiously, quickly sensing Philip's anxiety.

A tear rolls down the smaller boy's cheek and he shakes his head, letting out a small sniff and composing himself. "Im fine now, that's all that matters."

"No, dude, that's not all that matters. The guy that hurt you, he's probably still out there. And I'm not going to— I mean, we're not going to let him hurt you again," Lukas tells Philip.

"Just drop it Lukas. I'm fine," he mumbles.

The blond lets out a sigh, kissing Philip's forehead and knowing he couldn't just drop the subject; though he needed to leave Philip alone at that time.

"I have to go to school now," Lukas says, standing up and grabbing his backpack. He leans down and kisses Philip's lips lightly. "See ya later. Love you."

"Love you too," Philip sighs, turning away from the boy before he even leaves the room.

Lukas looks down and walks out the door, feeling bad for upsetting him, though he knew he couldn't do anything about it right then.

"See you after school, Philip."