Chapter 11

To say that the night the Du Sang twins had planned would be a night to remember would be an understatement; although, for the wrong reasons. Their lives had been riddled with mystery before they were even born but they had soon come to terms with the secrets that lay hidden behind their given names. For now, they had a show to put on, and if they had any secret talents, acting would be one of them.

Lying was an ability that people gain naturally, however, lying successfully was a completely different matter. To some, like Riley Du Sang, it came naturally; each lie rolled off her tongue with ease, perfectly acting out a scene from her own play. For her brother, lying was something of extreme difficulty. His morals were something different to his sister's, and he hadn't gained that ability naturally. Either that or he refused to embrace it, causing the perfectly rehearsed lines to get jumbled in his throat somewhere and resulting in him breaking character.

At times like this, Reece would leave the talking to the better twin, but this time was different. Her life was on the line at every moment from now on, and especially newfound news that his uncle was also at risk, every second left until the beginning of the party needed to be spent rehearsing both his lines and his personality. From that moment on, he would be a puppet without a master, a façade masking his true self. The Danielson's were the main concern of the night, and that would be his only focus.

In her room, Riley wasn't as composed as everyone thought she was. Her encounter with Damon still ran through her mind, like a broken record. His hands on her waist, his breath on her lips, his eyes, god, his eyes. Something was wrong. She wasn't supposed to feel like this; she wasn't supposed to feel anything at all. Emotions just weren't something that came to mind when thinking of her.

Maybe it was his dominance. That had to be it. It just shook her. But, she was higher up than him. That cant be it. Alphas, no matter how powerful they were or how assertive they were, they just couldn't affect her. Especially not like this. God, what was wrong with her. She had to be focused, and she was the exact opposite. Although, its extremely hard to focus on something when your mind wont cooperate. She wasn't in the right mind. Maybe the pressure of everything was finally causing her to crumble. But shed been through way tougher situations than this, she was being distracted by mere feelings.

Feelings.

But what kind.

What kind of feeling could possibly throw her off as much as this.

There was only one thing that came to mind that could possibly explain the way she was reacting to such a minor event, but the chances were almost nothing. There was no way Damon Clarke could be her mate. His grandmother was the Moon Goddess for fuck's sake. Why would she pair him with someone like her. Her blood was tainted and there was no way to get rid of it. The entire supernatural world wanted her dead and it would only complicate thing if they found out she was his mate.

Did he know? Was that why he acted like he did earlier?

There was a knock at the door that somehow managed to pull Riley back to her senses. She subconsciously flattened out any creases it her dress and gently brushed her hair from her shoulders before opening the door.

Damon stood almost uncomfortably outside the door and Riley was somewhat relieved. They needed to sort things out before anything bad happened. Grabbing the collar of his shirt, much to Damon's surprise, she dragged him into her room. She muttered a few different muffling spells that Damon only just picked up on before turning to stare straight into the werewolf's eyes.

"I know why you did what you did earlier. But nobody else can find out of were both in immensely huge trouble." It took a few seconds and an extremely weary glance, but Damon realised she was talking about his inability to control himself around her.