"Is that my grandson, Aakash? Give him to me, first" My mom said

"No..no..I will hug him first" my dad said and they both looked at each other. Riya used this time and took the baby from my hands carefully and kissed his forehead. Mom and dad looked at the baby and then they looked at each other and said

"Now it's my turn"

"No..definitely not. It's my turn"

This time I took the advantage and held the baby closely to my heart and he smiled everytime I did it. Seeing his smile I also smiled and my mom stepped on father's feet.

"Oww" my father limped out of pain and my mom gave a victorious look and held the baby in her hands and kissed his forehead and started talking to him in the baby language. Then my father took the baby and kissed his forehead.

I smiled looking at my family and the new member who joined.

"What did you decide to name him?" my mom asked me.

"Um..well we have selected 2 names for the baby"

"ohh"

Then another nurse came and said that we all can see Priya now. I smiled more listening to that and ran towards Priya's room immediately. She was lying on the bed and closed her eyes. I walked towards her and kissed her forehead. She also smiled and slowly opened her eyes and I kissed her one more time completely forgetting that my family was behind me.

"baby" the only one word she said.

I nodded and took the baby from dad's hand and made him sleep next to Priya. She smiled from her heart and kissed him on his forehead. There was a glow on her face whenever she looked at our baby. I felt happy seeing both of them like that and I kissed my wife again but stopped as I heard coughs from everyone and even my son also tried to interrupt by crying.

Everyone laughed and I smiled and started to sing a lullaby for him but he didn't stop. I was worried and announced that I will call doctor so that he will check him. Priya smiled and said

"May be he is hungry"

*yeah..that could be the reason* my brain also said and I gave the baby to my mom and helped Priya in getting up. She sat on the bed leaning to the bed post and opened her arms and my mom gave the baby and we all went outside after closing the door.

Though everyone was busy discussing something, my thoughts were only focusing on the day when Priya and I fought for selecting the baby's name.

"Aakash, how does 'Adil' sound?"

"Hmm..it's nice but how does 'Vihaan' sound?"

"Well it's nice but Adil is more niceser"

"uh...no..Vihaan name is nice"

She looked seriously with her hands on her hips and said

"Adil name is final"

I folded my hands and looked into her eyes and said

"Vihaan name is final"

"Noo"

"Noo"

She looked without answering and suddenly said

"What if it's a girl?"

"Umm..then her name would be 'jiya'" I said happily imagining a cute little girl asking for an ice cream daily and yeah I did hear the giggling sound of my brain.

"No..no her name would be 'Sana'"

"'Sana'??!!!...no..no than this, the name 'Jiya' is more good"

And we started our fight again until I said

"Let's choose the name you have selected if the baby is a boy and let's choose the name I have selected if the baby is a girl"

She looked at me and nodded her head.

*huff I can sleep peacefully now* my brain said and started yawning.

"Aakash..wake up.." my mom said.

I immediately opened my eyes and I realised that I was in hospital but was still re-living the memory. I smiled at the thought and decided to name my baby as 'Adil' according to Priya's wish.

*what does 'Adil' mean?* my brain questioned

*it means 'sincere'*I replied proudly.

Then the nurse came and asked me

"Which name have you selected for your son?"

I smiled and said "Adil". She nodded her head and left to complete the birth certificate process.

After hours doctors discharged Priya and I lifted her in bridal style as I don't want her to be strained and Adil was held by mom. We all walked towards the car and I placed her in the seat and jogged towards the driver seat.

After reaching home my mom stopped me and Priya at the door step from entering into the house. She brought a plate which consists of a lighting diya. She did all the events that are included in welcoming a new person and praying god that the new person shouldn't be seen by evil.

I looked at Priya and who was busy looking at Adil in my arms.

*hmm..looks like someone is jealous* my brain teased me.

I smiled at her, which she didn't notice so I kissed her and then we both took a step forward and entered into the house and I prayed to god that everything should be fine and our baby should be happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hi everyone. This is the last chapter of 'Vows from the heart'. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Don't worry I will post few bonus chapters of important situations in Adil, Priya and AAkash's lives.

Please let me know your opinion of today's chapter in the comment section below. Please vote and share the story if you like it.

By,

orange_marigold.