One

"In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you."

-Andrea Dykstra

They all said it takes time to heal, and I had to admit, it really does. I originally had thought it would take a month or two the most, but after 3 months had passed of me still dreaming about her each night, having her as the first thought in the mornings, I realized I might of underestimated the whole "getting over your first love" thing. 

Then the 4th month passed and it got better, perhaps because I finally started noticing what was right in front of me or maybe simply because I finally realized what she had done. 

Half a year had passed now, since I left my hometown, since I ran from my first love. It sure took a while for me to get over her, but I did. Of course, there's a small part of every person that will always love their first love, because once you simply accept it wasn't meant to be, that it was okay to feel that way no matter how it ended, it makes sense that the person still has a special place in your heart. 

"What are you thinking about, preciosa?" Hanna handed me a cup of hot chocolate.

I took a sip, the mixture of milk, chocolate and cinnamon making me sigh in pure joy. This was one of the many reasons why I loved her so much - she would always remember the smallest things about me,  from me always adding cinnamon to hot chocolate to my weird habit of loving my wine with ice. 

"Just things," I smiled, patting the seat next to me, which she immediately understood, hopping down, whilst putting one of her hands around my shoulder, her legs resting on mine. 

"How are you feeling? No dizziness or weakness?" her eyes analyzed my face. 

I raised my brow, looking at her with one of my "are you being serious?" looks: "Han, how many times do I have to repeat - if something's wrong, I'll let you know. We seriously have this conversation everyday." 

She smiled, a dimple appearing: "you can't blame me for worrying."

I put the cup in the holder next to me, turning back to her, taking her fingers in mine: "perhaps if you stopped playing my doctor the whole time, you'd have more time to be my girlfriend."

She looked away, seemingly thinking about the right reply: "hmm.. and here I thought you liked me playing the doctor, because you don't seem to mind me showing the knowledge in the bed."

I laughed, shaking my head: "you're so bad."

She pecked my lips, winking at me before she got up: "you know you love it, preciosa."

"Where to?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes: "where do you think? We're in a plane, not like I can go anywhere apart from bedroom or toilet, and since I'm clearly not taking you with me, it's pretty obvious it's not the first one."

"One can dream, you know!" I shouted after she had already walked out of our "living room" part of the plane. 

The flight attendant walked in, smiling at me: "is everything alright, miss Gold?" 

I grinned back: "yes, Sally. How long till we land??"

She looked at her watch, then back at me: "just 2 hours left, miss Gold. Would you like something to eat or drink?" 

I shook my head: "no, thanks. Go and rest." 

She grinned: "see you later, miss Gold."

I took the cup, drinking the hot chocolate, whilst watching an episode of Skins.