Mick - Breaking Point

Start from the beginning

(Name) made it a few steps before plummeting to the ground, only the fact that Kendra caught her kept her from faceplanting.

"Stay here, I'll get Ray to carry you over. Obviously Gideon was right when she said the mobility on your legs has worsened." Kendra told (Name) who nodded.

Ray came in not long after, and after reassuring her he was alright, he picked her up bridal style and carried to the room where Mick was. He stood up when Ray walked over who placed her on the floor next to where Mick was sat.

"I'll be back soon, I'll ask Rip if there's a wheelchair you can use when he returns." He smiled as he left.

Mick approached (Name) slowly, and sat down next to her.

"How are you doing?" He asked her.

"My legs don't work, but other than that I'm peachy." She muttered.

"Well if you'd of shut up, you'd be fine." Mick replied.

(Name) looked up, eyes widening before responding angrily.

"So it's my fault that I got upset for watching my friends get tortured?" She yelled. "Besides it was you that opened your mouth, Ray stayed quiet."

"Is that what you think of Boy Scout?" Mick asked, standing up so he towered over the woman.

"Ray? No, but unlike you he's actually feeling guilty that I lost my legs for him!" She exclaimed.

"And you think I'm not?" Mick rolled his eyes.

"Actually I don't! I can smell some woman's perfume, so obviously if you can get yourself some company it's not phasing you that much!" (Name) was positively hysterical at this point.

"Like you care about me!" Mick yelled back.

"Well maybe I don't!" (Name) threw her hands up in the air. "Silly me, thinking I loved you and maybe, just maybe, thinking you actually felt the same way!"

Tears were rolling down the woman's cheeks and she shook as Mick stared at her incredulously.

"Look, (Name)-" Mick opened his mouth.

"Just leave me alone Rory!" She screamed, punching him in the knee.

Mick sighed and walked out, listening to (Name)'s sobs as he made his way down the hall, passing by Ray and Kendra, who gave him a judging look.

"What?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"You made her cry." Ray said, as if to point out the obvious.

"I don't do feelings." Mick grumbled.

"So it's easier for you to sleep with someone, no attachments?" Ray asked, confused.

"Basically yeah, now move." Mick glared at him.

"She really does care, Mick. Please talk to her again when you've calmed down." Kendra said.

"I'm fine." He muttered before shoving past them.

But (Name) wasn't. She was still sobbing and trembling, clutching her legs. She felt someone pick her up, and looked up to see Ray, looking concerned as he placed her in the wheelchair that he had found.

Nobody spoke until they got to the med bay, and they placed her on the bed.

"Well that could have gone better." (Name) muttered sarcastically.

"He's just confused. Sleep, and hopefully the rest of the crew will be back when you wake up." Kendra smiled at her friend before leaving with the scientist.

"Gideon?" (Name) asked.

"Yes Miss (Lastname)?" Gideon replied.

"Can you tell me where Mick is?" She questioned.

"He is in his dormitory, throwing objects about in a fit of rage." The AI informed the woman.

"Thank you Gideon." She smiled slightly.

"Mr Snart is on his way." Gideon said, as the door opened revealing Leonard.

He walked over and sat on the end of the bed.

"Mick's pissed off." He commented. "Something about a fight with you?"

"If you're gonna shoot me, then make it quick." (Name) snapped.

"And why would I do that?" Leonard asked.

"That partner of yours probably sent you to do it." She said.

"Oh that's why he's mad... Lady trouble." Leonard smirked.

"From what I heard, he likes his ladies dumb, easy and as a one night stand." She said bitterly.

"You like him?" Leonard asked with a grin.

"I thought so." (Name) shrugged. "But I guess there's hotter and dumber girls in 2046..."

"Honey, you're the smartest one here, don't be dumbing down for anyone. Not even Mick." Leonard told her.

"There's only the two of us here, I know I'm the smartest." She laughed.

"There we go, that smile. I was worried it wouldn't come back." Leonard placed his hand on his friend's shoulder.

"I tried, Len. I did..." She sighed.

"I know. Just wait, he'll come around." He smiled before leaving. "Just don't go all Disney on me."

"Wouldn't dream of it... Elsa." (Name) laughed as Leonard sighed.

"Remember (Name), don't be afraid to tell me if Mick messes up, he may be my partner but I'm still willing to kick his ass." He winked before leaving.

It wasn't until everyone returned, and were sat toasting to saving the world whilst (Name) sat alone in the corner in the wheelchair that she really didn't want that Mick actually approached her again.

"You look sad." He commented and (Name) glared at him.

"Observant as ever I see..." She said dryly.

"Look, I'm trying to say sorry here." Mick grumbled.

"Go ahead." The woman gestured to the rest of the team who had turned to watch. "I'm sure they'll enjoy the show of a pissed off arsonist and a hysterical paraplegic."

"A pretty hot para-whatever." Mick cut in before freezing, realising what he had just said.

Leonard scoffed and started clapping slowly.

"And that ladies and gentlemen, was Mick Rory declaring his love for (Name) (Lastname)." He rolled his eyes.

"And you're an ass, but you're a rather handsome ass so I guess we're both as bad as each other at this dating thing." (Name) muttered and Mick let out a loud laugh.

She yelped as Mick picked her up, before placing a kiss to her lips.

"You've got a nice ass." He grinned and she raised an eyebrow.

"Thanks. I guess that's as close as I'm gonna get to 'I love you' huh?" She asked.

"It is with them here." Mick said and the others cleared out leaving the two together.

Maybe they could work this space thing out together.

(AND THEN THEY GET THE DISTRESS CALL AND GET CAPTURED BY SPACE PIRATES BUT SHHH).