Chapter 28 - The New Girl, Again

Start from the beginning

"Maggie!" I looked up as Rilee ran at me dragging Max behind her. I saw him chuckle and shake his head as he took a few steps and got to me before her. He wrapped his arms around me in a quick hug before moving to stand on the opposite side of me to Tyson. I glanced at Tyson and found his eyes on Max's arm that was slung carelessly over my shoulders. I chuckled before turning my attention to Rilee.

"Yes Rilee?" Her eyes went to Tyson beside me.

"Hey Tyson. This is Max." She said as she gestured to Max and the two guys just nodded at each other.

"What did you want Rilee?" I asked carefully.

"Oh, yeah. What do you have next?" She asked with a curious grin.

"Methods." I repeated and her mouth dropped.

"Damn. I got general maths." Max said from my side, disappointed, and I smiled up at him.

"Don't want to be late." I said as I looked at Rilee for directions.

"Just down the hall and to your left." She said pointing behind me.

"Thanks." I smiled at Rilee and Tyson before I squeezed Max's side lightly. He pressed a kiss to my head before letting me go. I waved back at them before turning and heading down the hall way.

"Maggie!?" I stopped as I heard Tyson call my name again. I spun on my heels to face him. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I was just wondering if you and Max..." He trailed off but I had an idea of where he was going with it.

"If me and Max what?" I asked holding back a smirk. He had to actually ask his question.

"If you two were together?" I bit the inside of my cheek.

"I live with him. We're always together." I said and Tyson cleared his throat.

"No. I was wondering if Max is your boyfriend." He finally got out, frustrated. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Max is my twin." I said.

"I'm her boyfriend." An arm slid over my shoulders and I couldn't help but lean towards the sweet, masculine scent that only belonged to one person. Tyson took a step back with his hands up in a surrendering gesture.

"Sorry man." He mumbled before he sent me a small smile and turned around, walking away.

"Why did you say that?" I asked turning to face Ryder, his arm falling from my shoulders. He raised an eyebrow at me but a smirk replaced it on his lips.

"You didn't deny it." Ryder pointed out and I rolled my eyes. Then his hands moved to rest on the sides of my neck. He bent down and his lips barely touched mine before they moved away. I licked my lips before sinking my teeth into my lower lip to stop myself from leaning towards him, following his lips.

"I think that proves my point." He whispered lowly and my eyes sprang open. I pulled out of his hold and looked up into his chocolate eyes.

"That doesn't mean anything. You have to ask me yourself." I said seriously before I turned and continued on to my methods class. I walked in and took a seat as the rest of the class shuffled in and the teacher took the roll. I was introduced quickly and only offered up a small smile to everyone. I got a few glares from some cake faced girls but shrugged them off easily.

After Methods I went to Legal Studies and repeated the same routine. After that the bell for lunch rang and I sighed in relief. I was actually really hungry. I shoved my books into my locker and felt two arms wrap around my waist.