Chapter 28 - The New Girl, Again

-Maggie's POV-

I took a deep breath as I stood beside Ryder's truck. I faced Rilee's school and just saw lots of people walking in and out. The wind whipped passed me, flattening my clothes against my body and pulling my hair in every direction. It's been a week since Max and I moved in with the Maddison's and so far we haven't heard a peep from our mother about it.

"Have you heard about Ryan?" I asked Ryder, who stood beside me.

"They started the transfusion a week ago, he's responding well but it's still early days. If he responds well they'll start with the treatment." He said as he leant against his truck.

"Are we just gonna stand here all day?" I glanced at Rilee who seemed bored as she sat on Ryder's hood. Max stood next to her. During the week, Max had done some testing. His over all score was so high that they let him join Rilee's year instead of being with Ryder and I. It was still better than him going all the way back to grade five though.

I let out a nervous breath. I knew I shouldn't feel this way. I'd been to tons of school. Always the new girl. Always new. I shook my head and pushed off Ryder's truck.

"Yes your majesty." I said, rolling my eyes. Rilee jumped down, with Max's help, with a smirk plastered to her face.

"Relax Maggie." Rilee chuckled and I shoved her backwards into Max. I chuckled as they both blushed.

"Get ready Maxie. Those girls will eat you alive." I said before I exaggerated flipping my hair and started towards the front office. I got my timetable and locker number then waited as Ryder and Max got theirs as well. Then Rilee showed us our lockers. Turned out mine is two down from Max and across the hall from Ryder's which is five down from Rilee's. The first bell rang and Rilee quickly told us where to go before sprinting off to her own class. I sucked in a breath before I shook my head and smirked. Then I spun on my heels and walked away from Ryder and Max. I glanced around the classrooms.

"Are you lost?" I smirked as I heard the deep voice behind me. I turned it into an innocent smile as I spun to face the guy standing behind me. He had longish blonde hair and electric blue eyes. He stood about six foot tall and looked like an American Football player.

"Yeah. Could you help me?" I said sweetly.

"It would be my pleasure little lady." I smirked inwardly at his attempt at a Texan accent. It didn't really work.

"Where're you heading?" I held out my timetable and his blue eyes scanned it before a small smile lit up his face.

"Well, little lady, we just happen to have the same class. Shall we?" He made a sweeping gesture with his hand and I chuckled before I nodded.

"Maggie." I said as I held my hand out to the side.

"Tyson." I shook his hand briefly. I walked beside him through the halls until we reached one door and he held it open. I held back a small blush as I moved into the room. I ignored all the stares and questioning looks as I just moved to an empty seat in the back. I held my head high as I opened my books. I had a smile on my face as Tyson took a seat next to me.

The class passed just like every other class. I ignored the curious glances that were sent my way as I took notes. The bell rang and I stood, packing up my stuff.

"What do you have next?" Tyson asked as we made a our way to the door. I pulled out my timetable.

"Maths Methods." I said and Tyson's eyebrows went up his forehead.

"What are you? Super smart?" He asked playfully and I chuckled.

"That I am." I responded softly.