Chapter 1

(Part 1)

Alekos moved swiftly through the southern lair beneath Olympus that lead to the Acheron, the river of woe. He followed the linear path that would lead to the diamond gate of the underworld. His eyes were narrowed analyzing ever aspect of the environment; the large passage only lead one way, making it inevitable for Alekos to fight the legendary guardian of the underworld, Cerberus. Son of Typhoon and Echida, the hybrid hound was a servant to Hades, one of the guardians for the passage for the sinful dead souls into the underworld and the gate.

I drew closer to the river, I noticed, as the air got thick and damp, that it was the end of the lair, but what lie there was nothing more then a small wooden dock. The black liquid beneath it seemed to be moving unnaturally with no sense of unified direction, as the subtle movements made the stream seem to move apart and twirl in together. The eccentric view was mesmerizing, this occurrence along the dark river made it appear alive. I dipped the tip of my Chrysaor into the black liquid, the tip of my golden sword revealed that the black liquid was blood red. I tightened my grip to my sword, Chrysaor, which reactively increased the brightness it illuminated allowing me to see further into the distance.