Chapter 8 - Early Morning Confessions

Começar do início

She sat down next to me, creasing the blankets on the bed. She laid back and looked up at the ceiling. After a few moments of this, I did the same.

"I don't know what you want to know." She said as she fiddled with her hair.

"Tell me more about your upbringing." I said, closing my eyes. Even though the situation should have been tense, I felt content laying there next to her, my eyes closed, and her voice speaking to me.

"Okay." She replied. "Well you already know I was born in Scranton, on the side of the road in a car. I was pretty lucky to be alive, because I wasn't taken to the hospital to get checked over or anything. My mom just cut the cord, feed me, tossed me into the back in a broken car seat and we were on the road again."

I tried to imagine her situation. I wanted to feel like I was there.

"We were always on the road." She sighed. "The only person who bothered to teach me anything was my ... brother." She sounded upset now. And frustrated too. But knowing her, she was only frustrated at herself for getting upset. "He tried to teach me since I couldn't go to school."

At least her brother was there for her. But, where was he now? I had a horrible feeling I didn't want to know.

"We settled down in England when I was twelve. That was..." she shivered. "Probably one of the worst years of my whole life. I was a bit overweight, so my mother was constantly locking me in the closet and starving me."

"But once, I was unresponsive when she opened the closet, and she had to take me to hospital. Then my eating habits changed to having no appetite at all." She paused her story and let it sink in. I noticed that almost the whole time she had been acting as if she was talking about someone else; not herself.

Jinx's coping mechanisms were strange.

"We had to move after that, because the police were on our asses for child neglect. My parents managed to fend them off and we settled down somewhere else. The only bad thing that happened there was the... initiation... Then we moved here and everything went to shit. We shot fucking up Walmart, everyone got caught, and..."

"I don't want to talk anymore." She said suddenly.

My eyes jolted open, and I grabbed her wrist before she could get up. "Jinx... you were just about to tell me something." I said, almost desperately. "And what?"

She shook my hand away. "I didn't say and."

"You did." Before I could argue my case further, my phone rang, and she was let off. I sighed, answering the call from Justin, as Jinx escaped to the bathroom. "Hello?"

"Hello?" Justin's voice mocked me. "Where the fuck are you! We were meant to meet at the mall! You said bloody Saturday, dude. We always meet here on Saturday and nothing ever changes that. I swear if you even say a word about Jinx..."

My eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean?" I asked, referring to the 'Jinx' part.

"What do I mean?" He spluttered. "What do I mean?! You've been ignoring Jack and I lately because you've been so busy with her! You can't even be bothered to flick us a damn text! You spend all your classes with her, your breaks, you even hang out after school and don't deny it."

I was stunned by his outburst, but also rendered speechless, as I knew he was right. I'd been focusing on Jinx so much I'd forgotten about them.

"And now what is it? Are you hanging out on the weekends too now? Is she your girlfriend or something? What happened to bro's before hoes?" He finished with his words sounding hurt, like I had betrayed him.

"She's not–" I started.

Justin spoke again, cutting my sentence short. "Look Kellin, you were a great guy, but maybe our friendship just wasn't meant to last."

With that, he hung up.

I slammed my pillow down onto my bed again and again in annoyance. I was such a dick! How could I disregard them so easily? Jinx had me under a spell. I just couldn't be without her. But look what did to me; she'd broken me and my friends up. And she couldn't even talk to me.

When she came back into the room, I was angry at myself, not her.

"You seem rattled." She stated. "What was that phone call?"

I was tired. I had just been in an argument with my friend. Jinx left me on a cliffhanger. That was why, I couldn't take it anymore. I just clutching my head in my hands and massaged my temples. I wanted to speak; but I couldn't find the words, and I was sure they would come out in a jumbled mess anyway. Jinx seemed to realize that.

She sat down beside me, and for the first time ever, she wrapped her arms around me.

She didn't even know what was wrong. But she still wanted to comfort me.

I couldn't deny these strange feelings I was having for her any longer. When she wrapped her arms around me like that, I just felt like nothing else mattered, and so I wrapped my arms around her too.

We sat in embrace for a while, until we realized what we were doing was weird, and we both pulled away.

There was no way this was nothing. That tingling sensation as my lips desired to be against her lips. The wanting to know as much about her as I could. That warm feeling I got when she smiled. I liked Jinx, and I liked her a lot.

__________

He finally realized he likes her :DDDD~!!