Chapter 3

Kadyn
~~
By the time we had three fourths of our homework done, Chris and Mya came.

Emma jumped up hearing the doorbell, running towards it yelling "They're here!!!"

She's cute.

"Emma, Kadyn!" Mya said giving Emma a hug, then me.

"Sup man! Sup Emma!"

"Hey" me and Emma said in unison.

"So what do you guys wanna do?" Emma looked at all of us.

It was like he already knew what she going to ask because Chris immediately said "I think we should play truth or dare."

"Yeah!" Mya jumped up and went to Emma's room, with Emma following.

"I'm not running." Chris looked at me, "Are you?"

"Nah man."

"So you've been here with Emma since school got out?"

"Yeah."

"You like her?"

"I don't know man, I think I kind of do..."

He nudged me and said, "If I'm not wrong, she does too."

Emma
~~
Me and Mya ran to my room and jumped on my bed laughing.

My phone went off, looked down and saw it was from "Preston😏❤️".

Emma-E      Preston-P

P: Hey Em, how are you?

E: Great, hanging with some friends right now. How about you?

P: Thinking about you...

E: Preston...

P: I know you said that you like Kadyn. But he doesn't. I'm here for you, he isn't. I like you Emma. Why can't you see that? I'm always the one coming to your need, does he? No. Please Emma, give us a chance.

By then the boys were in the room so I put my phone down.

Maybe he's right... Kadyn doesn't like me, so why would I pass up someone who is acknowledging me. And might I mention, Preston is pretty attractive.

"Okay! I got first and I pick Kadyn!" Chris yelled and it took me out of my thoughts.

"Kadyn, Truth or Dare!?"

"Dare!"

"I dare you to tell everyone who you like!!"

Kadyn had this look in his eyes, a mix of fear and rage. He took a deep breath and went.

"First off I'm just going to say, I hate you Chris...and second....I like someone in this room," Mya and I looked at each other and prepared for an answer. "I like...Emma." He blushed and sort of looked my way.

I looked at Mya and she gave me a thumbs up, motioning for me to tell him how I feel.

"Kadyn....I like you too. It's just, I've been talking to Preston lately and I'll be honest....I kind of like him too..."

Silence filled the room, I looked down but I could feel Kadyn staring me down from the corner of his eye.

"Well that game got very awkward, very fast..." Mya said, trying to break the tension. But really just made it heavier.

"It's your turn to ask Kadyn." Chris quickly said.

"Oh yeah, umm...Emma. Truth or Dare?"

I contemplated this for a second but responded with, "Dare."

"I dare you to...Ask someone out."

I looked down, then at Mya. Trying to find some sort of help to not have to do this...

"Can I text the person?"

"Yeah, you just have to ask someone."

I pulled out my phone and wrote a quick and simple question. I sent Kadyn, 'Will you go out with me?' And I hoped for the very best.

I could tell that Kadyn was worried that I'd take this opportunity to ask Preston out but if that's the case, then he's wrong.

A couple of seconds after I sent the text, Kadyn's phone went off...

"Of course I will Emma, I'm glad that you asked."

His checks turned a few shades of pink and he put his phone away.

I suddenly got a text from Mya.

Mya=M      Emma=E

M: Go sit by him, lover girl!

E: Oh my gosh Mya!

I put my phone down and walked over to where Kadyn was sitting and sat.

Kadyn
~~
Emma got up and sat next to me. She's so adorable and I'm glad that we're together.

"Emma, it's your turn." I said, and gently rapped my arm around her waist.

I whispered, "I hope that this is okay."

"Totally."

She gave a small laugh that made me emerge into laughter. She's amazing.

"Emma! Dinner's ready! Round up your friends!" Mrs. Clark suddenly shouted.

Everyone jumped up and raced over to the table. I literally devoured all the soup!

"This is amazing, thank you!"

Everyone chimed in and shared their gratitude of her meal and she welcomed us.

After dinner, we all had to go.

"Kadyn, wait." I heard Emma's voice come from behind me.

"What's up?"

"Save me a spot on the bus if you get on first. And I'll do the same if I'm on before you."

"Always beautiful."

She blushed and I wanted to wrap her all up in my arms and just snuggle her.

I have her a quick hug and went outside.

It's a good thing that I only like a block away, or else it would've been a walk. Other than that, my day was great.

Hello! Sorry that it's been awhile since an update, but to be honest...I've been soooo busy! And I've just completely forgotten to. Sometimes I think that I've already updated but don't, I'm just dumb! Anyway! Ily, byeeee! ~Emita❤️